Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How are you spraying solution onto fgs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Where do I get a decent spray nozzle that fits end of a pole to apply chemical to gutters connys etc? And what's a good solution to use? Used to use ubik but anything better out there now? Cheers 

I found its not the chemical that makes the difference but the temperature of the water. Boiling hot water with a 10% solution is great. 

Did a large house with super dirty windows the other day - decided to use the gardiner backpack to apply my ubik mix, tbh i won't be using anything else from now on - the results were great, the mix was well applied over every frame in less than 10mins, the end result seemed really good. I would recommend that technique.
I do the same using a red fanjet nozzle. Works a charm

I use an old brush with fanjets both to apply and scrub fsg's etc.......then swap it for a spray nozzle from Benz connect pole to outside tap and rinse.

Did front and back fsg clean on a normal semi last week using Ubik and this method and was done in under an hour.....an easy 50 spot.

Hi folks,

Just looking for a bit of advice about washing fascias etc. I’ve been clearing gutters and washing fascias pretty much by hand the last couple of years... ladders up and using cloths, cleaning fluids with a Bayersan trolley to rinse them down. I’ve just been offered a water fed pole system for my Astravan for a fairly reasonable price... do you guys find it much quicker using the water fed poles to do these jobs by hand? Is it worth changing my working practices for the poles? Cheers 

Hi folks,

Just looking for a bit of advice about washing fascias etc. I’ve been clearing gutters and washing fascias pretty much by hand the last couple of years... ladders up and using cloths, cleaning fluids with a Bayersan trolley to rinse them down. I’ve just been offered a water fed pole system for my Astravan for a fairly reasonable price... do you guys find it much quicker using the water fed poles to do these jobs by hand? Is it worth changing my working practices for the poles? Cheers 

Yes its its much quicker easier and safer , dorms bungalows are now an easy clean , and pay well , it will take you a while to be accurate with the pole but once masters you won’t look back . We use a 10-1 mix of Virosol sprayed on first then a light scrub with wfp rinse job done , hot water speeds the job up no end but cold will do it just takes a bit longer 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, appreciated. Until now, my youngest boy has been at nursery for a few hours each day so I’ve only been able to do one job in the morning while he was there. He goes to school after summer so I’m hoping to get more done. I’m hoping using the poles might allow for even a second job each day...

I'm doing a gutter clear and a fsg clean tomorrow on a semi bungalow. Will just be using ladders because I think it will be quicker and have a union and bracket to fit. The house owner is very pleased with the price being a bit under £200.

Hi when ur Using backpack how do u reach the bits your cleaning do u have a extra long lance in backpack sorry just new and wondering what to buy? U any link so i can see what i need to get thanks

Just connect my water fed pole which reaches 30' if I need it. You will need a Gardiners Backpack with a female ezysnap connection on the end. You can buy a lance with an ezysnap male connection which fits into the backpack.

Just rinse well after putting a chemical through it and your warranty is not valid for chemicals to go through it.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/portable-systems/the-gardiner-backpack.html

Back