Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Can I Increase Sales for My Window Cleaning Business?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey everyone!
I’ve recently started a window cleaning business and I’m looking for ways to boost my sales and attract more customers. My website is https://triplegcleaning.com.au/, and I offer a range of window cleaning services, mainly focusing on residential and commercial properties.
I’m already working on SEO with a reliable person, so I’ve got that covered, but I’m looking for additional strategies to increase my sales and get more business through the door.
Some areas where I could use advice:
  1. Marketing strategies: How do you effectively promote your services locally?
  2. Pricing: What pricing strategies work best to stay competitive without undervaluing the service?
  3. Customer retention: How do you get customers to book regularly instead of just one-time jobs?
  4. Referral programs: Are these effective? If so, what’s the best way to structure one?
  5. Google Reviews: How important are these, and how can I encourage more happy customers to leave them?
Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

best way to gain customers is to door knock. - simple and effective and costs nothing to do

internet website do bring in work but you need to be established and have a really good site

as for pricing I suppose it depends on your area no good charging £30 a house if everyone else charges £10
and same the other way round

Customer retention will come if your offering and carry out a good regular service - charge double for a first clean this tends to knock out the time wasters

Ref's work - we offer the customer a 1/2 price clean if their rec goes regular

not seen a difference with or bad -currently have a troll trying to wreck all the reviews but hasn't made a difference to enquiries

best way to gain customers is to door knock. - simple and effective and costs nothing to do

internet website do bring in work but you need to be established and have a really good site

as for pricing I suppose it depends on your area no good charging £30 a house if everyone else charges £10
and same the other way round

Customer retention will come if your offering and carry out a good regular service - charge double for a first clean this tends to knock out the time wasters

Ref's work - we offer the customer a 1/2 price clean if their rec goes regular

not seen a difference with or bad -currently have a troll trying to wreck all the reviews but hasn't made a difference to enquiries
He’s from South Africa things might work differently out there ??

As others have said, Knocking on doors is going to be your best "bang for buck" when it comes to getting customers. Also, a signwitten Van/Ute might also bring in a few more customers, found it helpful for maybe those that aren't at home but passing by. That way you pick up the ones that weren't in when you called.

In Adelaide itself, coastal properties might be your best bet as they are going to want to make sure they have a decent view out of their windows. Or sometimes out in the suburbs on the outer edge where other window cleaners might not get to, more likely to find an open market for your service.

As for retention and recommendations, as long as you do a 5 star job and have good customer interaction it should look after itself.

Back