How do I Get that perfect Soapyness for the windows!?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Joshywashy, Jan 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Joshywashy

Joshywashy Guest

Hey guys really new here have stumbled across this and have learnt so much already. I have all my equipment sorted and upon cleaning my own windows to give it a go i found that the window wasn't really soaping up all that well, I had a Bucket of water added about 5 drips of dish-washing detergent and a little cap of white vinegar as advised is this the best thing to do? I found the window dried rather fast and had to rush the squeegee part maybe i need a thicker lather? Any help here would be muchly appreciated thank you! Also using trad method :)

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Add more detergent

3. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

yep i found more detergent and swishing the mop in the bucket a few times to get things frothy works a treat for me and also since i tried unger,ettore and ecover which too much was like syrup i started using fairy and never looked back but everyone seems to have theyre own personal flavour!!!

4. norm

norm Grand Master

try more washing solution on your window as it shouldnt dry up in this weather
    ya need more ecover:D or original fairy in your washing solution a couple of short squeezes in your water see how ya go

5. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

You might find that the vinegar will kill the soap. Washing up liquid is good enough on it's own.

6. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

more ecover. MOAR!!

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Anyone ever try the Unger stuff? I hated it, no glide and left horrible smears. I ended up using it as windscreen wash in the car (with the same results).

8. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

Pretty much what rugbywolf has said.... try it without vinegar at first if it's still not how you want it just experiment with how much wishing up liquid you put in.you'll soon find how you want it.

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Put a bit of washing up liquid on yer applicator. Works wonders & last a long time. I've tried vinegar & it kills my suds.

10. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I use ecover and flash bright and shine lemon in my bucket works really well.

Advertisement