Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you deal with customers that want a price over the phone?

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Thought i would get this conversation going. I have had a few call up wanting a quote over the phone, even after explaining that it would not be accurate they still insist. /emoticons/wink.png

Iain

You could still give a rough quotation and insist that for an accurate quotation a full survey would be required. Most people would understand that there's a lot if variables to take into account.

chip

i tell them to assume a pound a window, and unless the windows are like car showrooms, that should be the most it'll be

nearlyclean

I aways add that my prices start from say £20 upwards if they say its only a Terrance with a few windows, I find them really hard conversations and down line they are usually awkward customers so I end up being polite and decline the job

Hinty

I always say that I need to see it, give them a "Starting from" price - and ask them to email photos if possible for a more accurate ESTIMATE.

Sometimes I look the property up on Google streetmaps and look at the street view.

Never call it a quote though - not being held to a price over the phone, just give an estimate

Masons

Yes, I too use Google street maps, and get a general idea for the house.

But I too have never given a price without seeing the windows in person.

Makes no sense to be potentially less in wage for months because of not quoting properly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock