Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dragonfly Systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adrian5139

hi thinking of getting a drgonfly system as i have a rather awkward staircase to clean inside & i think the system would be just the job, just wondered how many of you have one & what you thing of them ?. Getting the one with the belt to save have to keep dropping the pole down but dont know anyone who has one ????????????

thanks will have a look at vikan easyshine, not buying for just one job i also do work on enviroment agencys & they are crash hot at health & safety & with this et up i can clean windows behind computors etc

yeah its very good mate /emoticons/smile.png i use it for a pub inside .. and a retail premises inside

i use this on my 2 biggest commercial jobs aswell /emoticons/smile.png without this i would lose the work /emoticons/tongue.png

its getting used 3 times every 4 weeks /emoticons/smile.png

so not bad

should pay off soon /emoticons/smile.png

ok thanks guys for all your help, am going to give the Vikan Easy shine a go & if i get on with it then i can always upgrade to a dragonfly system at a later date or see what santa brings lol cheers lads

As part of my winter preperations and for working in snow, I plan to use swivel pads for the upstairs external when the snow is too deep.

I have been quietly practising with pads for the last 8 months(mainly internals). It takes time and there is a knack to it that takes a lot of practice. I have tried quite a few domestic ones(being too tight to pasrt with the dosh for a dragon fly or Vikan) , the blue Smart brand from Lakeland plastics, cheap £6 ones from the local bargain shop, Tesco an Asda had a great double sided swivel pad, with one side smooth Micro and the other a "lamb tail type mop head" this was good for using one side wet and the other side dry.The one I have now bought two of (wet and dry) is the E-cloth available from Homebase and on line £25 ish each along with 3 pairs of replacement pad material.It has a flat plate alu surface instead of a ribbed one. These pads can develop a great surface friction if you press and I use an Alu pole for most ground floor work. But by not using pressure the dry sides can glide.For winter use I have been practising with nothing more than Meths also other concoctions) so that waterless will not interfere with the drying times. Early days but I am quite a dab hand at it now.

worried about drinking the Meths but hey if it keeps the cold out lol but seriously thanks for all your help & tips appreciate it, think i am going with a Vikan, watch this space lol

Back