Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How far do use travel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have one large contract that I do every two weeks, that’s 12 miles away. 
  I also have two days of work in a small town that’s about 9 miles away. 
Other that that it’s all within a 4 mile radius. 

My furthest job is 4.6 miles from my house, 14 mins drive. 90% of my work is within 3 miles. Your lucky if I put 3k on my van each year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
5 miles radius. Yesteday had a call, 2 new houses 7 miles away, not sure I will take them, not my area.
Im like this now, if a jobs a cpl miles more than i travel i assess can i get more work there, if i dont think i can i pass on the job.

A few months ago i had a call from a lady in a village 3 miles further than a village i go to, when i said i dont go as far as your village she got all arsey saying but you go to ***** and we are only 3 miles further, she couldnt grasp the concept that we have to have a cut off.

She then posted on a local group for the village that i do go to that i refused to quote her even though i offer free no obligation quotes, so i postes that i was very sorry and she wasnt in my catchment area and to quote wouldnt be fair as i wouldnt be able to take the job, within 5minutes she had about a dozen people telling her she was being unreasonable and she removed the post.

Im like this now, if a jobs a cpl miles more than i travel i assess can i get more work there, if i dont think i can i pass on the job.

A few months ago i had a call from a lady in a village 3 miles further than a village i go to, when i said i dont go as far as your village she got all arsey saying but you go to ***** and we are only 3 miles further, she couldnt grasp the concept that we have to have a cut off.

She then posted on a local group for the village that i do go to that i refused to quote her even though i offer free no obligation quotes, so i postes that i was very sorry and she wasnt in my catchment area and to quote wouldnt be fair as i wouldnt be able to take the job, within 5minutes she had about a dozen people telling her she was being unreasonable and she removed the post.
Exactly the sort of customer that you really wanted then? ?

I think I'm extremely lucky in that I now have 100% of my round no further than 2 miles maximum from my door. I was speaking to a windy last week and he comes from 15 miles away to clean houses in my village and surrounding villages. He's been going 15 years compared to my 7 currently. When I first started it was waaayyy more but again I've been lucky to consolidate.

I think I'm extremely lucky in that I now have 100% of my round no further than 2 miles maximum from my door. I was speaking to a windy last week and he comes from 15 miles away to clean houses in my village and surrounding villages. He's been going 15 years compared to my 7 currently. When I first started it was waaayyy more but again I've been lucky to consolidate.
Jogged my memory on something now you've posted, a windy local to me has a big black guy called Phil help him but Phil has his own rounds over your way, was just wondering if you know him, I have only said hello to him as he seems like a quiet fella 

I have just picked up a job in Deaf Hill, I'd never heard of the place before. 

Jogged my memory on something now you've posted, a windy local to me has a big black guy called Phil help him but Phil has his own rounds over your way, was just wondering if you know him, I have only said hello to him as he seems like a quiet fella 
No mate never heard of him as yet

I have just picked up a job in Deaf Hill, I'd never heard of the place before. 
?‍♂️ ? Yes mate Deaf Hill not far from me at all ? Canny far from you though? 

That's local for me, do it and 2 houses in Station Town, on the way home from doing 2 Care Homes in Middlesbrough.

It's for a company that I do all of their homes, so not an option not to.
Ahh cool I thought that would be the case. Yeah I clean Wingate right next to Station Town ?

No mate never heard of him as yet

?‍♂️ ? Yes mate Deaf Hill not far from me at all ? Canny far from you though? 
U from Newcastle arent u mate?

That's local for me, do it and 2 houses in Station Town, on the way home from doing 2 Care Homes in Middlesbrough.

It's for a company that I do all of their homes, so not an option not to.
Uve got more commercial work than me in Middlesbrough and im based in Middlesbrough ?? loool

Back