Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose reel and pump connectors

WCF

Help Support WCF:

IMG_2932.JPG When WFP work fine I love it but when random things happen... Got up to find my shureflo wingnut pump connector had spent the night leaking. Just dripping from the white arm I think rather than the black screw. Tightened it but still dripping. Then I discover the claber connector at the end of my hose to the reel is dripping like crazy. The outer one between pump and reel had dripped for a bit but not too bad. I really don't know what's caused it as I've not touched anything since I got my van set up nearly 2 years ago. Any suggestions on what to check or change much appreciated guys. Thanks.IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2933.JPG

Cheers, I usually check Gardiners out first. I guess it is one of those days today as my pole hose got snagged and put a hole in it!! Time to just go to bed and try again tomorrow!!

The reason the Claber is leaking on the reel is that it's worn out. The white teeth that grip the male part turn when the reel turns, this makes them wear and not connect as snugly.

This is what i would use instead

Quick-Release Straight Through Coupling with 1/2" Hose Barb - Garden Hose 1/2" Couplings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/quick-release-straight-through-coupling-with-6mm-hose-barb.html

gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/hozelock-type-brass-hose-reel-fitting-swivel-elbow.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what i would use insteadQuick-Release Straight Through Coupling with 1/2" Hose Barb - Garden Hose 1/2" Couplings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/quick-release-straight-through-coupling-with-6mm-hose-barb.html

gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/hozelock-type-brass-hose-reel-fitting-swivel-elbow.html
I ordered these and fit them today. The brass swivel connection and metal connector on the outside of the reel are now nicely not leaking; however the one on the inside of the reel connecting my hose is still dripping like crazy. I've o-clipped it nice and tight. Very puzzled now.

I'll be on first name terms with staff at gardiners packing department after this week!

I ordered these and fit them today. The brass swivel connection and metal connector on the outside of the reel are now nicely not leaking; however the one on the inside of the reel connecting my hose is still dripping like crazy. I've o-clipped it nice and tight. Very puzzled now.I'll be on first name terms with staff at gardiners packing department after this week!
If the inside connection is still leaking it could be the rubber O ring seal on the male connector that has worn with use. It would be worth replacing the O ring seal and seeing if this cures it.

If the inside connection is still leaking it could be the rubber O ring seal on the male connector that has worn with use. It would be worth replacing the O ring seal and seeing if this cures it.
Thanks Alex. Every time a new plroblem comes up it's a learning curve so just trying to figure it out. Where can I get O ring seals from?

As above or go to a local diy store and get a threaded tap fitting for a garden tap for less than a quid and take O ring of that

mine was leaking also replaced the O rings problem cured [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back