Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much earnings per day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Really, if your charging a decent price per property then it should add up to a decent pay by the end of the day. £6 a house (small semi) was nearly 20 years ago. Since then wages have doubled, everything has doubled, so obviously price per house has to double.

£300 a day is possible in my area at my prices, so thats £1500 a week x 52 weeks a years right ?

nope, no where near

because most of us wont work "full" days, i know i only work 5 or 6 hours a day not 8, on top of that i probably average 4 days a week not 5 and 47 weeks a year not 52.

So whats possible and what actually gets done is worlds apart.

£300 a day is possible in my area at my prices, so thats £1500 a week x 52 weeks a years right ?

nope, no where near

because most of us wont work "full" days, i know i only work 5 or 6 hours a day not 8, on top of that i probably average 4 days a week not 5 and 47 weeks a year not 52.

So whats possible and what actually gets done is worlds apart.
True. Also im often knackered at my age by around lunch time. 

We done (two of us) £420 today, which will seem great to others and not so to others. Too many variables on how hard you have to work to make such cash. 

This was a scattered day for us and took 8 hours. Other days we can hit £400 plus a lot earlier. 

What matters is obviously pricing and then making sure your sheets are set up in the fastest order of houses. Often overlooked is time between jobs boys ?

If your local guys look at your daily targets pricing etc and are like dammmmmm that's good. Your on track! 

A lot of people come on this forum who are new, straight away their asking how much can I earn in a day? 
What they need to do is think realistically, is this the job for me. Am I self motivated, can I get the gear to do it, can I gain the customers, look at the bigger picture. Too many think window cleaning £100-£400 a day I’m going to do it. Not got a clue just see £££s. There on here daily asking the simplistic questions. Like they need everybody to sort things out for them, people need help yes, I needed help at the start, I still do, I’ve helped people too in many ways, we can all help each other. But you have to know some basics. You know yourself too when you first start your slow, so why straight away would you ask how much you can earn in a day. Get stuck it, be determined and crack on, that’s the first stage. 

It seems over the recent days and weeks we have had more newbies than ever, I agree we all need some help and guidance it seems these days a lot of folks want instant answers without research and once again I shall revert to my allotment journey as a comparison 

The missus wanted an allotment and she was all giddy and I point blanked refused to get one, lone behold we got one last year had a few hiccups etc and a good pause, this year I cracked on big style joined fb groups and just kept on trawling and reading through stuff bought 3 books and have watched and still watch countless YouTube videos basically just absorbing as much info as I could and still can, for me reading watching absorbing info and then sitting back and just thinking on stuff and setting too is the best way forward within weeks I have turned it on it's head and got some real praise from the older guys , my wife only turns up when she feels like it or to sit and chill on the lawn, kinda says it all but has a similar comparison on the whole I think ?

Is it easy to install a system in your van yourself I do I need someone to do it? Cheers
Can you do it yourself? That’s the question. If so fine if not, you will have to get someone to do it. Those are the two options that only you know. 
so you need  the van sorting out, fitting a tank in securely, coupling up the leisure battery, controller, & pump getting the reel etc, have a google then you’ll know if you can do it. That’s really your starting point. Then you can go from there. 

If you have an idea what you want and size tank etc, you can always ask advice then, but at the moment nobody knows what your wanting to do. Or you could work off a backpack or a trolley. A few choices, but I think a van mount is far easier in most cases, not all though. 

There are a couple of floor whats-its that things can be strapped to ( in my old connect anyway) Not enough really to hold a tank of water, as full up that would be 350 kg. 
The anchor points on the van floor won't hold 350L of water in an accident. You'll either need to get a proper 350L tank cage which is bolted through the chassis or alternatively get a couple of pieces of angle iron bolted through the chassis and secure the tank to these via 5000kg ratchet straps. A good mechanic should be able to sort this for you.

It would be 350l tank in a transit connect. I'm guessing I can ratchet strap it down just to get me going. Cheers
You could but, these are the standard load lashing rings out of my van, if you have a good mechanic you could fit a tank for you then have a look at https://purefreedom.co.uk/water-fed-pole-systems.html you also have https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/water-genie-pro-lite-350l-3388-p.asp your in Norwich so a hard water area so you will need a 40/40 R/O to process and produce pure water

20200202_115541.jpg

20200202_115500.jpg

Hey Craig, 

I am very new like you and only been up and running 7 weeks on my. 

Earnings in a day vary, but I am happy with the current trajectory. 

I try not to worry about daily earnings and just look to the future and trust in the projection. 

Do a good job and the customers will keep coming and so will your earnings ?

If window cleaners keep telling everyone they are earning £250 a day for 6 hours work... It wont be long before they wont be.

The more competition normally means prices will drop!

Newbies getting in to it based on these figures are not being realistic. 

Learning how to window clean, learning about all the best equipment and setups.. going out and getting the customer's and building around. And if they have never run a business before learning how to run a business.

It's probably a 2 year's process for a lot of people.
guys like me that are earning £200-£300 a day for 5 or 6 hours window cleaning 4 or 5 days a week on their own have spent years refining our rounds,compacting them and getting more efficient with better vans,equipment,etc......it certainly doesnt happen overnight.....also a lot of us have worked outside all our lives in various jobs so are used to working in all weathers all year round...

newbies coming into this game will make nowhere near the same money for the same hours worked....one of the hardest things is getting a good,reliable customer base so your earning this money day in/day out,the decent,reliable equipment to clean it fast and efficiently and the experience in organising your workday,book keeping,accounts,etc....this all takes time.....years in fact...its not a overnight thing.....

motivation can wain if your not earning what you think you should be earning or you simply think other window cleaners must be telling fibs!...strong self motivation is needed to push through and keep going........

Back