Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Water A Day? And My Wfp Plan

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey Damo any chance of seeing some pics of your set up or a spec list please. It sounds like it works very well for you.

What kind of Bilge pump are you using?

I'm thinking I'll get a 250l container for the car and a 400l at home.

Cheers
I can do some photos Tomorrow.

Basically a 1100gph Bilge pump £15 inc postage

25mm pipe all the way through £15

Trigger (petrol pump style) £15

350L tank

And then my custom trolley.

Will take pics Tom.

Send me a PM as well otherwise I may forget lol

Damo, I wouldn't mind seeing these pics 2. Where did u get it from? mine is well slow takes me half hour at least to fill my 350 tank. Cheers Will

Damo, I wouldn't mind seeing these pics 2. Where did u get it from? mine is well slow takes me half hour at least to fill my 350 tank. Cheers Will
Get what from ? The bilge pump?

eBay mate. Just ordered another.

£12.95 and £2.80 postage.

Not really recommended for transferring large amounts of water.

FYI it takes me around 45 mins to fill a 350

Tank. As my water go through a DI.

OK, so just realised i'm on a water meter. How much is this gonna cost in extra water do you think?

Say I use 2000 litres a month? Hmmm....

Thats what Thames water says:

Garden hose per hour 500 litres = *99.4p

But in reality 2000 litres per month is an extra 24 cubic meters of water which is a lot :Image4:

Does anyone have any experience with this? In costs?

Cheers

Thats what Thames water says:

Garden hose per hour 500 litres = *99.4p

But in reality 2000 litres per month is an extra 24 cubic meters of water which is a lot :Image4:

Does anyone have any experience with this? In costs?

Cheers
If you have a decent RO and decent tap pressure. You are looking around a £1 a 100 litres.

So you are probably talking £20 a month ish.

RC property on here runs a decent RO with booster pump and does about 1000L for £10.

Most of my mates use 500L a day and they say it

Costs a £5 in water.

You could put a pump and controller on a board and have the feed for the pump long enough that it will reach all your barrels in your car...

Then you could use a hose reel and have a makeshift 'car system'

If you split the feed with a 'y piece' you could draw water from two barrels...

You could put a pump and controller on a board and have the feed for the pump long enough that it will reach all your barrels in your car...

Then you could use a hose reel and have a makeshift 'car system'

If you split the feed with a 'y piece' you could draw water from two barrels...
Yup similar to what I was thinking. But having a 250L container in the car. More worried about the RO at the moment. I have the feeling that's what's going to cause me problems.

Yup similar to what I was thinking. But having a 250L container in the car. More worried about the RO at the moment. I have the feeling that's what's going to cause me problems.

Just remember about your payload and car Insurance!

Id get a 450 gpd r.o mate and have it producing into a 1000L ibc. Use a submersable transfer pump to transfer the water from the ibc to your car.

While your out working, just have the r.o producing your pure and just keep the ibc topped up.

For the water usage your talking about that would work fine.

Wouldnt worry too much about a water metre its not as bad as you might think. You can also get a return to sewer metre from the net that measures how much water you use. Stick that on the tap you use for your r.o and you can claim it back as the water isnt going into the drains and thats what they charge you for.

Yep that's how I started too....Ball breaking work using a pf trolley to say the least. :Image13:
yes m8 i struggled lol i took pump an controler an battory off the trolley an made a van mount still got trolley fraim in garage.only had to buy tank an hose real ,treats lol

Latest Posts

Back