Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much work is out there.??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No.. I have to do that too.

It's a bit empty at the moment as I'm planting fruit trees etc in January. 
Mine is looking a bit bare now, but still got swiss chard, beets, carrots and brassica's growing, put in my beans and peas and garlic last weekend, not bad for me first year me thinks 

We were thinking about fruit bushes but haven't decided what to put in as yet also I will need to build a cage for them.

Mine is looking a bit bare now, but still got swiss chard, beets, carrots and brassica's growing, put in my beans and peas and garlic last weekend, not bad for me first year me thinks 

We were thinking about fruit bushes but haven't decided what to put in as yet also I will need to build a cage for them.
I never have the time nowadays so gonna be all fruit pretty much so I can make wine.

I never have the time nowadays so gonna be all fruit pretty much so I can make wine.
I know what you mean, a neighbour of ours just has one big plot completely full of fruit tress

We were thinking about fruit trees at one point  then me wife wanted a lawned area, £300 for the turf and a mate to lay it plus the cost of a cordless mower and she's never bloody down there and I am going to dig some of it next year for more growing space ? 

Blimey. Never fly fished for carp. 

Just use particles and boilies
The flies on the right are for surface fishing.. bread and chum mixer imitations for summer.

The ones on the left are maggot and choronomid (midges etc) larvae imitations. 

Very effective in winter.

My son fishes for carp with boilies etc but it bores me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The flies on the right are for surface fishing.. bread and chum mixer imitations for summer.

The ones on the left are maggot and mayfly larvae imitations. 

I'm fishing tomorrow,  at Gold valley.  Hopefully catch a few on the pole.

I have a middy white knuckle 8.5m margin pole with 20 elastic.

Had some big lumps on that.

Hardly gets used now.

The ones on the left are maggot and choronomid (midges etc) larvae imitations. 

I still laugh looking back when we were young, me and a few mates used to just try any bit of water, private or whatever. This biggish lake we got massive bites instantly and could not reel any in, they just snapped our gear. We had little roach/crucian carp set ups with about 4 pound line. Ran out of hooks etc in the end ? it was chock full of trout ?  ?. A following time there was collared by the farmer or bailiff ??‍?,  right, off for some darts and tinnies ?

My advice @carp boyis to slow down and seriously think about what you are considering. Its easy to get caught up in the emotion listening to posters telling you to go for it. They take no responsibility for encouraging you if things don't work out.

Personally I wouldn't make any rash decisions no matter how you are feeling. What happens if you chuck everything in and then find you can't window clean for whatever reason?

There was a man and his wife locally who purchased a franchise, new van, new equipment and threw the towel in at work.

Within 3 months he handed the franchise back and put his van up for sale. He couldn't get over having to clean the outside windows for a customer who didn't bother cleaning the insides. I kid you not.

Usually guys who work away work a certain amount of time on and then have a certain amount of time off. Prove to yourself you have the metal to start a window cleaning business in your off time. If it doesn't work out then you haven't lost anything. It makes sense to put your toes in the water first to check the temperature rather than just jumping straight in.

As @Part Timersays, with employment you have paid holidays, sick benefits and other perks us self employed don't have. Going into window cleaning no longer is a cheap ladder, a bucket, an applicator and a squeegee. Water fed pole is a big investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. 

I've been thinking about this for a long time...... Iam truely sick to death of my job and going away.. I have my first grandchild due in a few weeks, have been offshore 20 years and had a skin full.. Sick to the back teeth of it.. I have spoken to the company I work for and have been granted a 12 month sabbatical..... This leaves the door open. However... It won't b needed. I need to cut the rope of offshore life and spend last year's of my working like doing something I beleive will b more challenging yet mentally fullfling.. 

Back