Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to get gated properties

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Korey

I'm trying to start my own business but as I have seen there's a window cleaner in almost every street, I thought I would try outside the box,

I know an area but all the properties are gated, how should I approach them and ask to clean their windows?

What makes you think gated properties don't have a windy? Plus if you are just starting out you need to gain experience before going for 'big prestigious properties' otherwise you will destroy any reputation before you start.
Just because you see other windys doesn't mean that there are no opportunities to be had. If the area directly local to you is a bit saturated then maybe look 20 mins down the road? Don't be tempted to try and undercut prices as no one wins and you won't make friends!
I think you will be surprised by how many people don't have window cleaners, you just have to present yourself as a good option. If you haven't already get some kit and start practicing on your own house. Once you think you are doing a good job try on family and friends.

I'm trying to start my own business but as I have seen there's a window cleaner in almost every street, I thought I would try outside the box,

I know an area but all the properties are gated, how should I approach them and ask to clean their windows?
We get the gate codes off the customer before taking the job on it it’s a pain they say just ring the intercom and we will let you in , number of times they are out and their mobile phone signal doesn’t work then you cannot do the job . If it’s a gated community with lots of property’s then try the trade button sometimes this will let you in , if not and it’s a manned gate say just try and get them to let you in sometimes with a sign written van they will just wave you in . As for getting hold of the person in the first place that’s a hard one , we generally get the customer contact us not the other way round . Some places have a pedestrian gate at the main vehicle entrance if they have just hang around and try and get in when someone comes out . Don’t know what else to suggest .

Gated properties can be a pain in the A#@& and end up restricting you.
You can leave a flyer or ring the intercom some large properties leave it to the house keeper to sort.
Totally agree with this and in my experiece these jobs only work if the customer is easy going and willing to give you the code for easy access. Some gated customers are nothing but a pain.

I wouldnt waste your time pal. When I first started I thought I would do the same thing, targeted big expensive houses. However I very quickly learnt that even if you find a really big house and say it's a 40 or 40 quid clean you cant get many like that close together and profit is far higher getting a few normal houses at 15 quid a pop all on one stretch and do them all without moving the van. The most profitable work I have is when I've done flats all on the same block only 10 quid each but do all 5 in about 30 mins.

Latest Posts

Back