How would you get started? I want to start a wfp buisness.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tom101, Apr 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tom101

Tom101 Newcomer

Let's say you want to get started and you want your own business. You've got enough money to buy a van,system.poles etc etc.

How would you go about it? what van and equipment? buy a round or start your own?

I'm fed up of working for other people and want to be my own boss. I don't have window cleaning experience but I'm a fast learner and willing to work hard.

Commercial or domestic or both? I intend to be an owner operator one man band.

Any advise appreciated,

Based in Oxford

Advertisement
  2. All the information you need is on this website.
    Good luck!

3. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Maybe start out traditional with squeegees as it will be cheaper so if it doesnt work out u wont lose much money

I would canvass my own round but thats because ive already done it and know i can do it, i know u can do but do u know? Lol

Theres a few threads on canvassing, reqd those, i started one myself.

Anyone can learn and u will get better and better as u go

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

personally [being trad] id start off trad if i was you

5. Tom101

Tom101 Newcomer

I'm not interested in going trad, hence the post in the wfp section

6. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

That sounds a bit Stroppy Tom101 boarcity is just pointing out a direction you could go in. It may be worth thinking about as most window cleaners have Trad gear as well as poles. If not look around the site and you will find lots of ideas

7. norm

norm Grand Master

are you a good listener?
    because there is a vast amount of experience on this site
    good luck :thumbsup:

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

stay in your job

- you posted over a month ago you got 10k to spend and here we are in mid April and you still dont know how to start off . no bottle

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

most of my graft is WFP now but like my fellow brothers have stated trad is the way to go when you just start
    you will have to do so much trad anyway
    insides
    shops, so much work is easier trad, then when you have loads of work introduce WFP

10. Alien Human

medium sized van, big tank, very good quality poles, build your own round & you may get away with just wfp doing domestic but not commercial. I do all my commercial trad and do about X1 day a week trad just to keep things fresh.........and make sure I can window clean when my systems are down, van getting MOT, have an accident etc etc......which add up to quite a lot of days over the course of the year. Good luck Tom101

Advertisement