Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Backpack Shut Off ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Inked

Hi guys

I've seen a few people using the univalve with the Gardiner Backpack.

I tried using a shut off valve on my pole today but when I shut it off it seemed as though the pump was going to keep running.

I turned if off quite quickly as I didn't want to damage the pump in the backpack so I just wanted to make sure that the pump on these have a pressure shut off built in the pump ?

Hi guys

I've seen a few people using the univalve with the Gardiner Backpack.

I tried using a shut off valve on my pole today but when I shut it off it seemed as though the pump was going to keep running.

I turned if off quite quickly as I didn't want to damage the pump in the backpack so I just wanted to make sure that the pump on these have a pressure shut off built in the pump ?
It has. We use a Gardiner backpack with Univalves. This backpack is 6 years old and used virtually every day by my son.

It’ll whine for a couple of seconds before it stops, then it’ll pulse on for a second every few seconds. It’ll be fine, they’re a pretty tough bit of kit, it’s why they are so popular.

Thanks guys ?

I didn't leave it long enough to start whining.

When I turned the valve off there was a light change in the tone of the pump but as it didn't shut off after a few seconds I just turned the backpack off.

I'll leave it on for a while now and it should be fine.

It might also depend on the type of hose you are using and the length of it.

If you are using a relatively short length of PU pole hose it'll likely shut of real quick as there is not much flexibility in it. However if you are using reinforced 6 or 8mm ID hose then it will expand a little as the pressure builds before shutting off. The longer the hose the longer it will take to shut off. That's normal. However, if it doesn't shut off at all then the pressure switch isn't activating for some reason.

Back