Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners backpack v3 replacement pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ppads52

I have a couple of Gardiners backpacks, the older model V2 , I want to replace the pump and can only get a V3 pump.
Has anyone got a video of how to do it?
I’ve read the write up on the Gardiners website but can’t make head nor tail

I have a couple of Gardiners backpacks, the older model V2 , I want to replace the pump and can only get a V3 pump.
There's a video on the forum somewhere because I remember watching it. Someone uploaded it with a post.

There's a video on the forum somewhere because I remember watching it. Someone uploaded it with a post.
I’ll keep looking cheers

I have the pump to change on my first Gardiner backpack this week so will watch video a few times. ?
What I genuinely don't understand about you is you muck around servicing your van, doing the pads etc, etc. You then muck about fixing something that isn't expensive to replace but pay someone to service your filtration system which is basically disconnecting your Di, emptying it and refilling it, and checking your hot water system. The cost of which you could probably buy a new backpack and pay for your annual van service and MOT

What I genuinely don't understand about you is you muck around servicing your van, doing the pads etc, etc. You then muck about fixing something that isn't expensive to replace but pay someone to service your filtration system which is basically disconnecting your Di, emptying it and refilling it, and checking your hot water system. The cost of which you could probably buy a new backpack and pay for your annual van service and MOT
I'm a tinkerer. I enjoy fixing things. Regarding hotwater. I don't want to open up heater and change the grating and glow plug at the moment. If I broke it then I'm not sure Oliver would want to fix it. So I like him servicing it and knowing when something goes wrong he is on the other side of the line. I have 3 backpacks and plenty of spares but only one needs a new pump. I make £200 a day usually 5 days a week. So I buy stuff that makes my business run more efficiently. I'm saving up £8.5K for a professional stump grinder which I will order next month. I have a big job for it. I now kinda have 2 businesses now, Window Cleaning and Tree Care. Everything just fits together. Another pro bench arrives this week and that's me finished with my lock up and big shed. ?

thanks s much, worked a treat
Yes, I changed my pump on my Gardiner backpack. Cut the wires and joined up the new pump wires rather than try and remove the spades. The soldered wires on the battery fell off so I crimped on a few spades and grinded the terminals till the spades fitted. Slid them on and charged it up and working a dream now back to 3 backpacks.

hi all, does anyone know if you can separate the yellow bottom from the blue top part of the gardiners backpack. ive got a leak and its coming from where the inner filter meets the plastic nut inside the bottom of the backpack. i took all the screws out but am wondering if its moulded and cant be parted.

hi all, does anyone know if you can separate the yellow bottom from the blue top part of the gardiners backpack. ive got a leak and its coming from where the inner filter meets the plastic nut inside the bottom of the backpack. i took all the screws out but am wondering if its moulded and cant be parted.
Yes you can , if I remember correctly turn it upside down and remove the screws in the yellow bottom take that bit off , and then look inside the bottom section seam to remember a couple of screws in there to take out as well

Yes you can , if I remember correctly turn it upside down and remove the screws in the yellow bottom take that bit off , and then look inside the bottom section seam to remember a couple of screws in there to take out as well
Cheers for that I’ll have a bash

Hi ppads52

Whilst you can separate these two parts, there is no need to do this in order to find/sort the leak.

The tank outlet (which is probably the source of the leak) can be accessed by doing the following:

1. Remove the yellow base plate (6 screws) and then hold the white plastic hexagonal nut outlet
2. Remove the tank lid and reach in to the tank outlet strainer and then tighten this by hand - this is pushed on to the hexagonal nut of the outlet.
3. If the leak is due to this being loose, then just a hand tighten of the outlet can often remedy the leak.

If this does not sort the leak then it may be because of a faulty O ring seal or cross-thread on this two-part outlet - if this is the case then please contact our Customer Service Team on [email protected] and they will be happy to sort out a replacement tank outlet (free of charge if within warranty).

Hi ppads52

Whilst you can separate these two parts, there is no need to do this in order to find/sort the leak.

The tank outlet (which is probably the source of the leak) can be accessed by doing the following:

1. Remove the yellow base plate (6 screws) and then hold the white plastic hexagonal nut outlet
2. Remove the tank lid and reach in to the tank outlet strainer and then tighten this by hand - this is pushed on to the hexagonal nut of the outlet.
3. If the leak is due to this being loose, then just a hand tighten of the outlet can often remedy the leak.

If this does not sort the leak then it may be because of a faulty O ring seal or cross-thread on this two-part outlet - if this is the case then please contact our Customer Service Team on [email protected] and they will be happy to sort out a replacement tank outlet (free of charge if within warranty).
thanks Alex but i have found the problem, its a small hole inside the backpack, using a screw that was too big and it pierced the water tank. it really is tiny but letting water into the lower yellow chamber. can you suggest anything that i can repair it with? its really tiny

Latest Posts

Back