Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aquadapter/pole Maintenance?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

for the last couple of weeks i have been struggling with the action of the aquadapter and been cursing it but still no matter how much of a pain its been still easier than my old method of a tap.

what it was doing was not switching on when i wanted, but as soon as i would catch the orange pipe on something or a twist in it would catch whilst extending the pole 110% there would be absolutely no doubt it would fire water everywhere, but then you try and switch the fecker off again!!! anyhoo i took the pipe out of the T piece and turned the water on blasted it in the carriage and sprung loaded lug that actuates the star wheel and used a spare brush to scrub at it.........its like new again and my stress levels are back to normal.......give it a go and you'll be pleased

as for the pole.....stripped it, cleaned it adjusted all the clamps and the amount of **** that came off it was just unbelievable, and its only a couple of months old. the feel of it now is again like brand new and i will perform this basic maintenance every 2 weeks at least maybe every weekend.

do it you know they're worth it /emoticons/biggrin.png

i took the pipe out of the T piece and turned the water on blasted it in the carriage and sprung loaded lug that actuates the star wheel and used a spare brush to scrub at it.........its like new again and my stress levels are back to normal.......give it a go and you'll be pleased
Exactly what we suggest. Good to hear!

Paul

absolute class that mark /emoticons/biggrin.png i bet if one of your custys drove by while your stood at the stream they wouldn't have a clue what you're doing? "hiya bob, erm yeah just giving the brush a clean......just on my way to your house in a mo....stick the kettle on ****" hahaha class mate

i like the spray too

I've had the mk3 one for just over a month and love it.....but I've gone from a on off switch on the top if my back pack to a aquadapter and I'm saving loads of water it's crazy!!!

i was experiencing some problems with my aquadapter when i first got it, ie hose kinking, turning itself on while extending pole, hose kinking, aquadapter not turning on/off when tugging, hose kinking. and hose kinking more... i did give it a clean in a soapy bucket of water and it seems to have helped a bit.. hose can be annoying sometimes, but just need to disconnect untangle and connect up again..

now my aquadapter if wobbly and loose at the 2 rivets on the bottom, moves quite a bit...

i also give me poles a service usually about every month..

now my aquadapter is wobbly and loose at the 2 rivets on the bottom, moves quite a bit...
drill 'em out and re-rivet, when the little spring loaded lug that actuates the star wheel had seized i was gonna drill the rivets out and either fix or upgrade the spring then re-rivet, but remembered paul said to just clean out with pure water and all will be good, he obviously knows his ****

i may just pop 1 more rivet in to stop it moving instead of drilling them 2 out as that will prob start wobbling again over time, with 3 it shouldnt let it wobble..

I clean my poles every night. When I get in I extend each section and just run a hose over them and then clean the pole hose and run water through the middle of the pole. I clean the brush, my hoses, Basically everything.

Once a week I clean everything thoroughly. I still have my first glass fibre streamline pole which is 4 years old and like new. I don't use it but I figure its my living so keep everything clean.

Sad I know

I clean everything down daily,weekly and monthly.

I also santatise the hose and equipment every other day.

I also use PTFE spray once a week.

Back