Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo Vs Blackwash

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

Alec

I'm hearing many people compare these 2 products as if they are different & many compare them as the same..

10% Farm Hypo is just hypo with no surfactant in it.

10% Blackwash the surfactant in it & is Approved.

So are we saying just add the surfactant to farm Hypo & it's the same product & one can use the same ratio of dilution as Blackwash? Seems to me Hypo gets mixed as a percentage & Blackwash gets mixed in litres.

Same as Biocide from Benz it cost a fortune but then bac50 is the same product at s fraction of the cost..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Blackwash is hypo based. It has a carefully calculated formula that stabalizes the hypo to keep it active longer and hence more effective than plain hypo.

Due to the price however you could use more hypo to achieve the same finish for a fraction of the cost.

As far as percentage vs litres makes no odds really.

Example 1 litre of Blackwash makes 5 litres of solution this simply translates to 4-1 (4 parts water to 1 blackwash)

As for thr Bio yes there are much cheaper alternatives out there but they dont have the benz label on them /emoticons/wink.png

The grey area is that Benz have their stuff approved in the uk and paddyland (i am half paddy so am allowed to say that lol)

Technically if you speak to the relevant authorities they will tell you that using hypo (sold to be used for milking parlours and treating swimmimg pools) you are using a chemical for purposes other than they are designed and have no comeback if anything goes wrong as in their eyes it is illegal

Also changing the nature of a chemical by adding soap etc is then usimg an unnaproved product which is why benz can charge high prices as it is all legit and can't be accused of using chems unfit for purpose

Personally i would just get 1 blackwash drum and use that to put my own hypo in lol

you are using a chemical for purposes other than they are designed and have no comeback if anything goes wrong as in their eyes it is illegal
Time for a can of worms - that's not accurate @daveyboy . As long as you follow the guidelines for any chem as laid out in MSDS then your fine.

I'd love doe someone to show me the law (not just reiterate trash they heard elsewhere) that says you cant use a product label as dairy hypo to clean walls etc.

It's only label as dairy as that's their main target.

If it can be used in a dairy shed then surely it's as safe & legal to use in someone's back yard..

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I am only going by what i have been told by Ben but seeing as he is Benz he would be biased in what he tells me..apparently it is the answer they had from the hse and environment agency guys

I am only going by what i have been told by Ben but seeing as he is Benz he would be biased in what he tells me..apparently it is the answer they had from the hse and environment agency guys
I read that on there website too, be interested to see the evidence to support it

Back