Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I am just starting out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just read through this thread and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that not every household has a window cleaner. I say this, because you say there are 200 houses on this estate and hopefully you can get them all. I think that the figure (that somebody mentioned previously) of you'd be lucky to get 5 is about right, if you're lucky.

There are an awful lot of people out there that aren't bothered about having a window cleaner. In my experience - the youngsters.

The first thing to do is to canvas the estate and get a feel for it. If the first 5 that answer say they've already got a window cleaner, then you'll know what to expect. Definitely canvas the whole area first, so that you can judge for yourself.

Good luck ?
It’s mad you would think buying a house you would want it to look clean and nice 

all I can do it get a feel for the market really and go from there 

thanks again 

This is a solid point, there are a lot of people who never get their windows cleaned.
Yes that is correct but when i was door knocking over 5 years ago i got these people  who never got there windows cleaned on to my monthly plan ?

A bit of educating them that a window clean for £10.00 each month can go a long way, I tell them they can always cancel us at any given time.

A lot of people who dont bother with window cleaners are uneducated, i tell these people that if they dont clean there windows there windows will rot away and it will cost them a lot of money for new windows, so they best maintain them for a small fee per month ?

If i cant get them on a monthly deal tell them u can do it once every 2 months which is only 6 visits per year ! and they will always say yes go on then ? 

Remember if u dont educate these people then someone else will ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is correct but when i was door knocking over 5 years ago i got these people  who never got there windows cleaned on to my monthly plan ?

A bit of educating them that a window clean for £10.00 each month can go a long way, I tell them they can always cancel us at any given time.

A lot of people who dont bother with window cleaners are uneducated, i tell these people that if they dont clean there windows there windows will rot away and it will cost them a lot of money for new windows, so they best maintain them for a small fee per month ?

If i cant get them on a monthly deal tell them u can do it once every 2 months which is only 6 visits per year ! and they will always say yes go on then ? 

Remember if u dont educate these people then someone else will ? 
I agree.

A favourite part of starting up all those years ago was convincing people, that thought they didn't need a window cleaner, to have one. ?

i clean over 90 houses on one estate and have done for 20+ years......there is still another 4 window cleaners on there cleaning 2 or 3 houses each.....i also have over 70 houses on the estate over the road.that too has 4 window cleaners that i know of all cleaning a couple of jobs each.

window cleaning is a really competitive service business these days....25 years ago i only knew of 5 window cleaners working my area...now there are over 20 companies working the same area.....

my work gets canvassed and leafleted at least 5 or 6 times a year too.....i very rarely lose any work though...

Just read through this thread and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that not every household has a window cleaner. I say this, because you say there are 200 houses on this estate and hopefully you can get them all. I think that the figure (that somebody mentioned previously) of you'd be lucky to get 5 is about right, if you're lucky.

There are an awful lot of people out there that aren't bothered about having a window cleaner. In my experience - the youngsters.

The first thing to do is to canvas the estate and get a feel for it. If the first 5 that answer say they've already got a window cleaner, then you'll know what to expect. Definitely canvas the whole area first, so that you can judge for yourself.

Good luck ?
We do a lot of stuff on housing estates we have several hundred on a couple of the ones we do and in other estates have between 20-100 jobs not sure of the total number of property s but guessing the maximum we do would be half the estates ?... some will  have them done , some will do there own and some will have other cleaners , so you will never get all of them . If we pick up a new job we will canvass all the ones around it to try and get little clusters of 3,4,5,6, upwards this is the way to maximise earnings and minimise travel I worked on my own today and started at 8:15 finished at 15:00 moved the van once in that time did 32 houses/bungalows with a minimum price of £10 and a maximum of £28 all are 4 weekly jobs . 

It’s madness competition Dosent bother me used to working long hours of need be before I had my own business I was doing 50-60 hours a week on a bad week with Uber but still take home 1000 a week but that was everyday of working different hours 

it’s madness tho to see ppl travel so far and the worst thing is that ppl are going to make it hard for everyone 

And surely they have ehough work and surely you would think that they wouldn’t have much time to take More on 
You have missed what I meant some lads need to travel even sole traders because there own town is saturated with cleaners so they have to cover multiple towns and villages it's just a simple fact and has been for a good few years now, Also lads expanding with multiple vans need to cover a big area that's just how business is.

I live in small town and I mean a small town and there is around 15 cleaners in our small town maybe more as I've seen new van recently

Back