Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I keep leaving lines on the ends of my rubbers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes rugby.....always. why?
If you have new blades, you can get a good edge, without having to detail, whether you use a Wagtail or an ordinary squeegee, and whether or not it is dog-eared. By running with a crappy blade you are just making work for yourself. I have never detailed, and I've been doing this for 40 years.

Cheers rugby. Well, maybe its my technique because even with a new blade I find there is still a little moisture around the edge to detail. I take your point though and will have to master my technique and replace the blade more frequently.

Are you doing vertical or horizontal pulls?. If so, do you wipe your blade after each pull. If not then you may be pulling down lines of water from the edge of your rubber. I always cut my rubber with a extra sharp blade. Havent used scissors so cant comment. A nice clean cut is essential.

I do both, I will go whichever way is longer- so a long horizontally window I go horizontally and if it is vertically long then from top to bottom. I don't get the lines when I go horizontally.

How do you wipe your blade? on scrim or sill cloth? After every pull? just the edges or the whole blade?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do both, I will go whichever way is longer- so a long horizontally window I go horizontally and if it is vertically long then from top to bottom. I don't get the lines when I go horizontally.
How do you wipe your blade? on scrim or sill cloth? After every pull? just the edges or the whole blade?
hey Slippy after ya lift your blade of the glass quick flick as Tuffers says and wipe her dry on micro/scrim hanging from ya belt

when doing straight pulls down angle your blade slightly down on the part of the glass already cleaned to prevent lines

working right to left blade angled slightly down on right and a couple of inches on dry/already cleaned glass

opposite working left to right

Latest Posts

Back