I quoted £190 for a conny clean in and out. What would you charge?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gazz K, Apr 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gazz K

Gazz K Member

Haven't done any conny cleans before as our main thing is cleaning and grounds maintenance of apartment blocks. Went to have a look at conservatory today. The roof was very dirty, the gutter had the allotment look about it. Sides and front were a bit cleaner as the owner cleans them. Its about 7 x 7m, no finial, sloping roof away from the house which can be cleaned without getting on a ladder. Lady wants inside conservatory cleaned as well and it's quite dirty.

Cleaning the interior is the bit that will take the most time. I imagine they' re a nightmare. I thought it would be an all day job for one person so 6 hrs at £30 ph + £10 for the unforseen?

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

6 hours seems bit long for a conservatory that size , I would have thought 2 hours would have been even too long. Have you any pictures

3. Gazz K

Gazz K Member

No mate sorry

4. Poles Apart

He could be right if it's bad I hate em never known one take the time I expected to?

5. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Plenty of TFR and your laughing :thumbsup:

6. Gazz K

Gazz K Member

It doesn't help that I don't have any pictures. I know from past experience that no job takes the the time you think its going to take. I've been through the stage of quoting really low because I'm desperate for the work. I try to work with the more eco chems and I've always used Ecover on the brush on really bad windows - that must work on conservatories right?

7. Clearview Lee

Clearview Lee Well-Known Member

£140, but really depends on the size. That's a standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

So difficult to say without a picture. But if it's 6 hours £190 seems fair enough. I'd probably be 150 -200 if I thought it was gonna take that long

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Cleaning conservatories always takes me a long time. I don't like doing them tbh and tend not to promote it. I battle with those gently sloping roofs as muck always seems to come out from underneath the dividing bars seals during rinsing. I also don't do enough to justify buying a set of decent conservatory roof ladders.

If you are happy with the price then do it. You will only know if you quoted right for you after you have completed it. It will then be added to your experience.

If you quoted way too high then your customer will have a negative response. If you quoted too low then they will bite your hand off. I've never managed to get that sweet spot where you can get the maximum from the customer for the clean before they decide that it's too much. (You know that point where £199.99 is acceptable where £200.00 is far too much).

-

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I enjoy conservatories, I find them generally quick and easy money. I've learnt glass roofs can be a nightmare and insides are uncomfortable but in general exterior cleans of upvc conny with polycarb roofs are nice jobs. A good soak in an APC and usually take 1-2 hours for an averge one.

Advertisement