i wonder?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve garwood, Nov 15, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I asked mark on a recent thread this question, and was wondering what you peeps think? If I was to put a tiny plastic tap up near the brush, do you think this would stop water pouring out the pole hose when you disconnect because its causing a vacuum effect? I'm trying to eradicate the use of a tap at the end of the hose, which I only use for this purpose. I use a one click remote so getting rid of the tap between reel and pole hose would be handy. :thumbsup:

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Why do you disconnect the pole hose so much?

Seems a common practice on here with many.

My main pole is my 18ft does 99% of the graft. Pretty much stays attached to the main hose all the time. I just wind the excess pole hose onto the main reel when packing up after a job.
    Seems like a lot less hassle than disconnecting every time.

3. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

agree with green pro,i use the one shot but only disconnect the pole hose if i am changing poles,if you keep the pole hose attached to don't need the tap at all,just rectus or hoselok fittings

4. steve garwood

I have a reel either side of my van (I don't keep my reels at the back) so switch from one reel to the other depending which way I'm parked. I also use my trolley and backpack sometimes. Anyway, what do you think about the question?

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

It would defo work steve, but the best way Is to store the pole on roof of the van during work,'

But yeah I get some dribble from the brush head when it's been reeled in as well,

Brush head side green and Kevin, not pole hose connection

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. steve garwood

Nice one Jake. Yeh I do store the pole on the edge of the roof rack whilst working, its just when putting it away at the end of the day

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yeah I know what you mean, tap would defo work! But it's just extra weight.......

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We always drain our pole hose down when we put the poles into the van.

We use Aquadapters and they work the same way as you want your tap to work but water will slowly drip from the connector if you don't drain it.

9. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

#9 Alex Gardiner, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    You could insert a one-way valve in the pole hose inside the No.1 section. This may well act in the same way by not allowing the water to drain back out.

10. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

#10 Alex Gardiner, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    The only downside with this method of not disconnecting the pole hose from the reel hose and just reeling it back up is that it will start to store kinks and twists in the hose and lead to more twisted pole hose. It is good practice every so often to disconnect the pole hose from the reel hose and then loosely hand coil the pole hose up from the base of the pole allowing any loop and twists to drop and twist out of the pole hose.

Advertisement