Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC tank and transfer pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you take the inlet through the side as in my photos you can fit a float valve on the inside of the tank fitting. Mine was supplied by Streamline and is inside the tank on the smaller white pipe and fitting. I would definitely also fit a 1/2 inch overflow which would empty outside of the garage in a place that will catch your attention (larger white pipe and fitting in the photos). I have a cable float valve to switch off the processing booster pump and a mini cystern type float valve on the inlet to completely shut of the water supply shortly after. The overflow pipe needs to have a continuous fall to the outside to avoid airlocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really need a solenoid valve valve as a float valve just shuts off the exit to the Pure it wont stop the supply so the RO waste keeps flowing!!!!!

As @Apw1210 linked to or you can buy the components separately to suit your kit. Ideally use a low voltage solenoid (12v or 24v) as that's safer round water. A float switch either side or top mounted (check it can take the current that the solenoid pulls) if not add a relay. Then a power supply or if you have a little booster pump they you could use the power supply from that to power a solenoid ( buy one with appropriate voltage). 

Thanks for all advice, I’ve just bought the auto shut off kit from pure freedom. It looks pretty simple to set up. The only problem I’m encountering is the ibc outlet - where it’s connected to the Clarke pump, it leaks out of the connector. Now it’s in the garage, it’s not ideal. I’ve ordered a new connector (as the one I’m using is one that I’ve had for a while) and I’m going to try fitting it with a shedload of ptfe tape. 

Fingers crossed ? 

Thanks for all advice, I’ve just bought the auto shut off kit from pure freedom. It looks pretty simple to set up. The only problem I’m encountering is the ibc outlet - where it’s connected to the Clarke pump, it leaks out of the connector. Now it’s in the garage, it’s not ideal. I’ve ordered a new connector (as the one I’m using is one that I’ve had for a while) and I’m going to try fitting it with a shedload of ptfe tape. 

Fingers crossed ? 
There is no need to go near the IBC outlet. I simply took about 5ft of the outgoing transfer hose out through a hole in the filling lid to the inlet/suction side of the pump which is sat on the tank and put the remainder of the hose onto the pump outlet for filling the van. No fittings needed other than at the pump. The open end of the transfer pipe is stowed well above water level just inside the garage door in readiness for filling the van tank and is secured from falling by a dog-clip. Everything, including the simple 40 litre per minute clean water transfer pump which sits on the top of the tank is above the water level so no risk of leaks or water damage.

My tank is in the garage as well. Alongside all my camping gear, book collection, tools and a classic motorcycle. I can't afford leaks either so I have absolutely minimised the risk.

There is a human tendency to make the simple things in life complicated. Fight it! ?

There is a degree of unavoidable complication involved in the processing. But, the transfer from IBC to van could not be more simple. If we allow it to be.?

Last edited by a moderator:
All working perfectly now, will put up a pic soon. Thanks for everyone's help.

@Apw1210 Where did you get that black lid/cover for your IBC tank? I'm looking to put my RO system on top and currently have it on a piece of wood on top. That lid looks a lot smarter?

All working perfectly now, will put up a pic soon. Thanks for everyone's help.

@Apw1210 Where did you get that black lid/cover for your IBC tank? I'm looking to put my RO system on top and currently have it on a piece of wood on top. That lid looks a lot smarter?
My IBC' came brand new as stackable units with the top covers on them 

Most ibc tanks have a basic cage style where mine are heavy duty welded mesh with additional steel support bars on top under the screwed down cover

My IBCs are made by Kodama plastics of Japan ?? 

Apw1210 said:

Most ibc tanks have a basic cage style where mine are heavy duty welded mesh with additional steel support bars on top under the screwed down cover

20210926_221510.jpg

View attachment 25660
I'll share another of my top tips from years are trying out, experience and knowledge... get a builders, plasterers mixing up tray they are polypropylene 

Latest Posts

Back