Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm Not Paying You

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

I lost the rag with a customer last night. She been nothing but a moan from day 1, from telling me my squeegee is scraping the glass, then changing from 4 weeks to 8 weeks as she couldn't afford it, so I bumped price up to a measly £7!! This week I was only able to do fronts, and I called and asked for £4 as there is more glass on front.. 2 big windows, 1 small + door

Her reply, I'm not paying you £4, we never agreed this amount for just front ( I got £4 off her from last time doing fronts and she said I shouldn't have even paid you that! ).. Well you weren't in and it's more work.. She went to hand me a tenner, and I went to give her £6 change, no I'm not paying you £4 for just fronts!!

She before gave me the I don't work I cant afford it speech.. Yet she is a smoker?

Well this hasn't happened to me before and it made me feel like a bloody fool and my blood was bubbling I just told her to stick her £4 up her effing ****! You need it more than I do you tight effing *****!! I have 2 young boys and I'm trying to earn a living go eff yourself... And walked off to collect next door!!!

Anyone else had a similar problem?

That can afford it speech is the top excuse. Even though they have SKy, new car in the drive, internet, iphones and smoke. They still cant afford a few quid for there windows cleaned

why do they ask us in the 1st place to do them?if they have no money i try avoid anyone under 40 as most are jerk offs.go back and wipe sh1t on her windows

why do they ask us in the 1st place to do them?if they have no money i try avoid anyone under 40 as most are jerk offs.go back and wipe sh1t on her windows

I dont go that far lol. I can imagine your website contact form.

Name:

Address:

(40+) Age:

Phone number.

lol

Hate it when people give the "can't afford it" speech too. Also gets my blood boiling. You're right though they always have nicer cars, bigger TVs, etc. Funny that.

We had similar issue with a customer this week, but it was a full house we'd cleaned. Best thing, just walk away and dont have the aggro!

She lives in a house worth prob close to £200k. Has just spent £5k on new bathroom, but cant pay me!

People thing cleaners are the lowest of the low with no skills so have the view they dont need to pay....

Lad who works fors me was telling me the other day he spent an hour cleaning a conny roof. Took an hour and then said that will be £20 (I even said that was cheap at that rate!!). Anyway. Customer wouldnt pay and then in the end gave him a tenner!!! JOKE!

We had similar issue with a customer this week, but it was a full house we'd cleaned. Best thing, just walk away and dont have the aggro!

She lives in a house worth prob close to £200k. Has just spent £5k on new bathroom, but cant pay me!

People thing cleaners are the lowest of the low with no skills so have the view they dont need to pay....

Lad who works fors me was telling me the other day he spent an hour cleaning a conny roof. Took an hour and then said that will be £20 (I even said that was cheap at that rate!!). Anyway. Customer wouldnt pay and then in the end gave him a tenner!!! JOKE!
True mate n its out if order ppl make a living out ther and ppl take it az a joke

We have a minimum charge of £5. I have one customer who sometimes gets her backs done if she is in, but for most part, we just do the fronts. So we arranged that it would be £8 front and back, or £5 for just the fronts.

Better to do that, than waste your time going of for a couple of pound, to do a couple of windows for someone.

I have had a few refuse to pay before as well. One I can think of was last year there, we had been doing this womans windows for say 4 months, went the next month, and there were people working on the windows. So we left them. Went by the following month and did her windows, then she came out saying she got another window cleaner, as she didn't think we were come back.

I explained that we thought she was getting new windows installed, and as she didn't cancel us first she would still owe us for today. But nope she wasn't paying, it wasn't her fault. So I gave her an invoice, and told her until that is paid her, we will backlist her from using our service in the future. Just left it there, no point in arguing with them.

Just say to them ill blacklist u so u wont beable to get a contract or loan out say am connected to the debt agency a d they will then pay up /emoticons/wink.png lol /emoticons/tongue.png

Just say to them ill blacklist u so u wont beable to get a contract or loan out say am connected to the debt agency a d they will then pay up /emoticons/wink.png lol /emoticons/tongue.png
I've been down this road recently and it's not pretty. Did a job for someone, he was happy but then disappeared off the face of the earth! Got some legal people on the case, got a successful court claim put through but if I want the money I have to send a bailiff round. This'll cost ME £150 which i probably won't see again and they could easily say they can't afford to pay anyway.

Yip its a shame that the law doesn't protect small business that get constantly left unpaid for services rendered. I think I have probably written a few thousand pounds over the years, because you can't get them in, and when you do they say they'll send payment, but never do.

You can't just go back out over and over again to get paid, the cost of your time and expenses running back and forward, will just rack up more costs, for money you're never going to see anyway.

It would be good if we could at least report them to some register, that would affect their credit check. I have had some blatant ones over the years, that you know are given you a complete load of bull, and will never pay you.

I guess it's all part and parcel of the game. I wasn't surprised that the civil legal system protects the wrong doer as that's pretty much how the criminal legal system works! I've never had to write off debt before but on the plus side it could have been a lot more money that I wrote off!

You seen that post I had in the week BC?

I never charge half for fronts not being funny, but I got to clean them and come out for payment if not in, maybe again if they aint got it! thats what I tell customer.

But when I posted the custie gave me half flippin heck its onyl 50 p more but she wouldnt pay, ahwell, not doing hers again i tell ya.

Not happened to me yet but guess there are plenty of ppl out there that will mess window cleaners about if they want to get rid of you for whatever reason. However being aggressive and abusive is not the best way to handle yourself on someone’s doorstep. If you had gobbed off to my missus like that you would have been put flat on your back /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back