I'm Not Paying You

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Belfastcleaning, Oct 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I lost the rag with a customer last night. She been nothing but a moan from day 1, from telling me my squeegee is scraping the glass, then changing from 4 weeks to 8 weeks as she couldn't afford it, so I bumped price up to a measly £7!! This week I was only able to do fronts, and I called and asked for £4 as there is more glass on front.. 2 big windows, 1 small + door

Her reply, I'm not paying you £4, we never agreed this amount for just front ( I got £4 off her from last time doing fronts and she said I shouldn't have even paid you that! ).. Well you weren't in and it's more work.. She went to hand me a tenner, and I went to give her £6 change, no I'm not paying you £4 for just fronts!!

She before gave me the I don't work I cant afford it speech.. Yet she is a smoker?

Well this hasn't happened to me before and it made me feel like a bloody fool and my blood was bubbling I just told her to stick her £4 up her effing ****! You need it more than I do you tight effing *****!! I have 2 young boys and I'm trying to earn a living go eff yourself... And walked off to collect next door!!!

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

That can afford it speech is the top excuse. Even though they have SKy, new car in the drive, internet, iphones and smoke. They still cant afford a few quid for there windows cleaned

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Yer these customers are a joke at times, they like to try it on,

4. A.K WINDOWS

why do they ask us in the 1st place to do them?if they have no money i try avoid anyone under 40 as most are jerk offs.go back and wipe sh1t on her windows

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I dont go that far lol. I can imagine your website contact form.

Name:
    Address:
    (40+) Age:
    Phone number.

lol

6. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

That is rubbish mate, much better off without them tbh

7. Iain

Iain Guru

Hate it when people give the "can't afford it" speech too. Also gets my blood boiling. You're right though they always have nicer cars, bigger TVs, etc. Funny that.

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I would have loved to have watched you go collecting at that door, would have been priceless

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Tramp is all I can think of lol

10. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

We had similar issue with a customer this week, but it was a full house we'd cleaned. Best thing, just walk away and dont have the aggro!

She lives in a house worth prob close to £200k. Has just spent £5k on new bathroom, but cant pay me!

People thing cleaners are the lowest of the low with no skills so have the view they dont need to pay....

Lad who works fors me was telling me the other day he spent an hour cleaning a conny roof. Took an hour and then said that will be £20 (I even said that was cheap at that rate!!). Anyway. Customer wouldnt pay and then in the end gave him a tenner!!! JOKE!

Advertisement