Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im to expensive

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

A couple just moved down from Birmingham asked me for a price to just wash top gutters so to lengths and one apex im just wandering what everyone eals prices these at . Ive had bad luck with people from Birmingham most are very picky and don't want to pay out is it just me or is it a Birmingham thing ? are prices cheep up there compared to devon this lady shot me down with in a second of giving her the price she said your way out we will muddle on and do it are self sorry to wast your time ?‍♂️ i was working her road so thault wile im here can smash the gutters out 

Screenshot_20211005-165505_Gallery.jpg

A couple just moved down from Birmingham asked me for a price to just wash top gutters so to lengths and one apex im just wandering what everyone eals prices these at . Ive had bad luck with people from Birmingham most are very picky and don't want to pay out is it just me or is it a Birmingham thing ? are prices cheep up there compared to devon this lady shot me down with in a second of giving her the price she said your way out we will muddle on and do it are self sorry to wast your time ?‍♂️ i was working her road so thault wile im here can smash the gutters out 

View attachment 25778
Southerners moving up to the North East where we are can't believe how little we charge for window cleaning compared to what they paid down south. ?

I suppose different areas are different pricing funny down here we pay 75p a peeler crab for fishing but lads send them up north and there getting £5 a crab in some cases but i think they don't get many peeler crab up there ?‍♂️

View attachment 25778
What was your quote ?

in the midlands id be £60 plastics £15 windows 

View attachment 25778
Devon is turning into poverty central in some areas and others full of loaded city types moving down trying to save a penny 

View attachment 25778
Personally I wouldn't take the job on unless they wanted all the plastics cleaning...customers who just want part of a job done invariably think you'll just charge them an extra tenner...

My price for full UPVC  clean would be £80 including windows....it would take me around an hour

I'd try for £50 for the gutters and if they spat their dummies i'd then go with "and that includes windows and sills" - I'd prefer to charge extra for the latter but if i wanted the fifty quid and they were quibbling it's one way of getting the money.

Some still say no to that. Would take me longer than many of you too (CLX isn't exactly easy to work with on gutters).

Recently i tried upping to £75 and i did get three jobs at that price (inc windows) but no more since then - even though all three were singing my praises for the work quality.

I have had a few people tell me i'm expensive, i've also heard others say i'm far cheaper than their other quotes. As long as you're hearing both that puts you somewhere in the middle which is a comfortable place to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd try for £50 for the gutters and if they spat their dummies i'd then go with "and that includes windows and sills" - I'd prefer to charge extra for the latter but if i wanted the fifty quid and they were quibbling it's one way of getting the money.

Some still say no to that. Would take me longer than many of you too (CLX isn't exactly easy to work with on gutters).

Recently i tried upping to £75 and i did get three jobs at that price (inc windows) but no more since then - even though all three were singing my praises for the work quality.

I have had a few people tell me i'm expensive, i've also heard others say i'm far cheaper than their other quotes. As long as you're hearing both that puts you somewhere in the middle which is a comfortable place to be.
What part of the country are you in ?? 

Definitely isn’t mate there’s plenty of rough looking scraggy window cleaners Round here that would do it for £30 plastics and £10 windows so I can’t price it much higher or I wouldn’t get any jobs 
I'd rather not get the jobs, the point you make is why I stopped doing them, last week I was quoting a regular window job a 4 bed detached house with a decent sized garden room she said she'd had all the fsg done right around the house and the garden room for £80 a few years ago, I'd have been a £150 a few years ago

The guy she mentioned I used to be pally with and few years ago he claimed his prices were the same as mine obviously not, he was asked to quote a fsg job a few years ago he didn't know I cleaned the windows and I had quoted the fsg, she went with the cheapest quote I only found out a few weeks later when she said skip the windows because she'd had them and the fsg done and she told me by who, she got skipped permanently 

I watched a guy I hadn't seen before cleaning a downstairs window with wfp today. Such short little strokes and faffing about. I was nearly crying. Son had seven units done on the front and one side of a bungalow in the same time. He may be new to the trade.

I suspect ours is a similar speed to most of the folk on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back