Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Industrial Clean Pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wouldn't do it for any less but obviously someone is prepared to as the Office Manager messaged me every time I did stating how happy she was with my work. Unfortunately she didn't make the final decision so they've obviously accepted a lower price. Thing is now I'm a lot busier then when I first quoted this job and if they did ask me to quote again I'd be £400. One thing to remember when quoting on these jobs, when you're first starting, is unless you get one you won't learn anything about difficulty and timescale. I know some on here will disagree but the sharpest learning curb is getting some bad business on the books, commercial cleaning that is, it hurts turning up to do it but at least you've learnt.

Am I right in thinking that you cleaned all the outside of that building in your photos for £350 ???? We charge that and more to do a 2 bed mid terrace like this , you need to move down hear . ????

A62C4DFC-8EE8-4300-8E56-F018EE934729.jpeg

Am I right in thinking that you cleaned all the outside of that building in your photos for £350 ???? We charge that and more to do a 2 bed mid terrace like this , you need to move down hear . ????

View attachment 15791
That middle one looks like a promo, to make the neighbours buck up and get theirs done. Like it like it.

I wouldn't do it for any less but obviously someone is prepared to as the Office Manager messaged me every time I did stating how happy she was with my work. Unfortunately she didn't make the final decision so they've obviously accepted a lower price. Thing is now I'm a lot busier then when I first quoted this job and if they did ask me to quote again I'd be £400. One thing to remember when quoting on these jobs, when you're first starting, is unless you get one you won't learn anything about difficulty and timescale. I know some on here will disagree but the sharpest learning curb is getting some bad business on the books, commercial cleaning that is, it hurts turning up to do it but at least you've learnt.
Yes mate I have made many mistakes on my grounds maintenance side so hoping I will make less expensive ones on this venture ! 

We do quite a few jobs very similar to this , before quoting you need to determine what the dirt/staining is , depending what it is will alter how and what chemical you need to use , especially with a building this size you need to do a test panel first get the customer to see the finished results and agree that they are happy with the finish , you don’t want to do the whole building and them not be happy with it and refuse to pay , neither do you want to have to spend more time on the job than is nessasary , using the right chemical will both speed up the job and make it easier for you . I totaly agree with @Part Timer you are going to struggle to do that on your own and definitely not over a weekend unless you work 24/7 it’s hard work to working at that height with a pole hour after hour , without detailed pictures of how dirty it is it’s difficult to put an exact time scale on it or an exact price but I would certainly be in the several thousand pounds mark to do that m what ever you do over estimate time and material costs it’s very easy to shoot yourselves in the foot with a job of that size 

I'll go out and have a closer look I think, get a close up. I'll decide then whether or not it's too much for me. You guys have a lot more experience with wfp and these types of jobs so cheers for all the info & i'll take it all on board. The good thing is I don't necessarily need the work, I suppose I'm going to try and diversify a wee bit so if there is a drop in the retail sector with brexit .... other jobs away from retail will soften any blow. Cheers for all the info lads.

I would connect onto their water whether it's an outside tap or take it from an inside tap pipe out of a window. Handy if you could connect onto a hot water tap.

I'll go out and have a closer look I think, get a close up. I'll decide then whether or not it's too much for me. You guys have a lot more experience with wfp and these types of jobs so cheers for all the info & i'll take it all on board. The good thing is I don't necessarily need the work, I suppose I'm going to try and diversify a wee bit so if there is a drop in the retail sector with brexit .... other jobs away from retail will soften any blow. Cheers for all the info lads.

We all have to start somewhere but that’s a big job to start on , Ime not saying don’t do it as it’s all experience and a learning curve but it’s easier to do a small one and then do bigger stuff  , it will build your confidence and easier to work out how long it will take you to do six jobs , 

We all have to start somewhere but that’s a big job to start on , Ime not saying don’t do it as it’s all experience and a learning curve but it’s easier to do a small one and then do bigger stuff  , it will build your confidence and easier to work out how long it will take you to do six jobs , 
Ah i've done lot of jobs with wfp but with my trolley, big retail jobs. I got the van system in to be able to do bigger jobs without killing myself lagging 25l drums of water around but yeah you are right it's a massive job and industrial cleaning is not my bag... I would be lying if I said otherwise. I might pop out have a look and see what the job is like in person. If it's too big or dirty I just won't quote it, i'm up to my eyes with trad work anyways so no big deal.... maybe i'm being a bit greedy and naive as regards this one. I do know that it has been cleaning quarterly for the past few years so I don't think it's a horror job but until I get up close I won't know.

Ah i've done lot of jobs with wfp but with my trolley, big retail jobs. I got the van system in to be able to do bigger jobs without killing myself lagging 25l drums of water around but yeah you are right it's a massive job and industrial cleaning is not my bag... I would be lying if I said otherwise. I might pop out have a look and see what the job is like in person. If it's too big or dirty I just won't quote it, i'm up to my eyes with trad work anyways so no big deal.... maybe i'm being a bit greedy and naive as regards this one. I do know that it has been cleaning quarterly for the past few years so I don't think it's a horror job but until I get up close I won't know.

If it’s cleaned that often it shouldn’t be that dirty , but it’s still a large area , again depending what the dirt is softwashing might be the best method of cleaning but that opens up a whole different can of worms ???

If it’s cleaned that often it shouldn’t be that dirty , but it’s still a large area , again depending what the dirt is softwashing might be the best method of cleaning but that opens up a whole different can of worms ???
Aye I was hoping to avoid that to be honest. 45cm flocked on a swivel and go across the panel but yeah if it needs softwash there's no chance.

Hi

I have completed similar jobs to this. I would say for both sides in the picture 3 4 days one man. Take a DI canister filled with resin use there tap they will have one in the cleaning cupboard right above a sink. Hose from tap to DI canister, hose from canister to your pole. Water Pressure will be good. Back pack with no nonsense greaser, apply along top line let coat all the way down. Wash off.

It's a doodle.

Between 1500-1800 quid.

Done.

Hope that helps.

Ps

Where ever pjj lives I am moving to, his prices are awesome. If you can get it go for it. Saturated in the North East so prices are very low.

Hi

I have completed similar jobs to this. I would say for both sides in the picture 3 4 days one man. Take a DI canister filled with resin use there tap they will have one in the cleaning cupboard right above a sink. Hose from tap to DI canister, hose from canister to your pole. Water Pressure will be good. Back pack with no nonsense greaser, apply along top line let coat all the way down. Wash off.

It's a doodle.

Between 1500-1800 quid.

Done.

Hope that helps.

Ps

Where ever pjj lives I am moving to, his prices are awesome. If you can get it go for it. Saturated in the North East so prices are very low.
Cheers mate, i'll go check it out.. might even have an outdoor water supply around back.

Back