Insurance cancelled

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by bright n klear, Apr 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bright n klear

hi just thought I'd let people know of a problem I've had with my insurance today. I went with a company called dial direct and advised that I was having a wfp system put into the vehicle they said this was fine and that it would be "goods in transit" having spoken to a few other window cleaners I decided to check with my insurance if they would cover the system in a accident. I was then told this is now classed as a modification and they would be cancelling my insurance immediately and charge me a cancellation fee!!! Not happy

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would take it further with them as they said yes at first
    Cancel your direct debit before they can take a fee from you

3. rafawindowcleaning

rafawindowcleaning Well-Known Member

How is that a modification if you can remove it at any time? Mods are permanent arent they ???

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[​IMG]
    A Plan Insurance
    A-Plan make it easy to arrange your car or van insurance
    Visit A Plan Insurance
    Mention the Window Cleaning Forums when contacting them and get 10% discount!

They should sort you out with proper cover for a van mount system fitted in your van :thumbsup:

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#5 boarcity, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    drill holes in your van its a modification . as is van stickers or alloy wheels, even a sunstrip! . youve to declare everything else you might as well declare nothing and ride around with a policy worth diddleesquat

IF i was going to fit a tank in my van id lash it down AND lash it to the bulkhead using various eyelets already in the van. then its not a modification

6. shazzy692002

A plan all the way, mention me if you go with them as we both get £25 in m and s vouchers. :):):):):):)

7. bright n klear

Managed to sort insurance with Alexander Swann they couldn't have been more helpful and the cost was just as cheap as the cancelled policy, I wasn't happy the other company cleft me high and dry I literally had to stop working to sort insurance not good when I was already out working

8. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Even signage is a modification. Aplan for me aswell :). Forgot to mention the forum bit :gush:

9. Neil

Neil Grand Master

A-plan are the best insurance company I've been with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

Tell them nothing. They are in it for money and nothing else. They don't care who they take down in the process. Hate all insurance

Advertisement