Ionics Pole Clamps

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by vito61, May 30, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I bought an Ionics Grafter 21 in April. Nice pole, good delivery etc. However since then I've had 2 clamps break. The first one was the no.2 after only 4 weeks use. The second was the no.3 a week later. The first occasion they quickly sent out a new clamp and a big tube of stickum to fix it and I've just received a new no.3 today.

Has any body else had probs with Ionic clamps? :-/

Advertisement
  2. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I have never had a problem with their clamps more the poles themselves. I started with a Grafter (terrible) and now after slowly replacing my Ionics poles with Gardiner equivalents I realise I probably should have gone Gardiners from day 1 - but like anything else you live and learn mate lol

Ring them up and explain the situation I'm sure they will do something for you :huh:

I have an ionic system which is superb but their poles leave a lot to be desired. I do like their dual trim brush though :)

3. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

Be thankful u didn't get a brodex one to start with like I did !! Ha

4. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Soooo....

Just me then :blush::-/

5. best

best Active Member

too heavy handed.
    heeeeeeeee

6. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I've had the no.2 clamp break again!!!!

That's 2 x no.2 and 1x no.3.

The only good thing I can say is that I'm getting realy quick at swapping over my aqua-dapter:(

7. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

I have the grafter also.

Great pole. Rubbish clamps. The glue holding the clamps has come away n my clamps now dont hold the pole together. Badly built.

8. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Now investigating buying differant clamps to replace the Ionic ones. I've never particularly liked them. The sideway flick over clamping action I don't think is as good as the Unger type of clamp. The bolts also poked out the side and I got caught on them a few times. Not a good experience.
    I did like the feel of the carbon mix and it was lighter than the Unger g/fibre jobby.

9. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I got a Unger type clamp from Cleaning spot. Darn thing is to tight. Poles obviously differant diameters. Gonna have to go back to Ionics. I'll keep you posted.

I know you're all absolutely fascinated.

10. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I've got a result!

For quite a while I didn't bother using the Ionics pole, couldn't be bothered with the breakages. Then I thought that this wasn't right. I'd paid good money for it and had the right to expect reliability. Got it fixed up again. Second day of use, chilly start, TWO clamps break!! On the phone to Ionics...

Me "Clamps broken AGAIN"!

Ionics " We have had an issue with them and we are going back to the nylon rather than the more plasticky type".

Yippeee!! It's not me breaking them!! They're duffers!!

Ionics " We'll arrange for a courior to pick it up, repair it and get it back to you. No charge"

Fair play to them, they sent out a cardboard packing tube, I packed it up, called them back to arrange pick-up thurs 12ish. Picked up same afternoon. Repaired friday. Back to the courior, received on the following monday.

I think that is outstanding service. It was a real pain going through all those breakages, but all seems good so far after more than a week of using the repaired pole. Definate differance in the clamps.

Advertisement