Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Jehovah’s Witnesses in the industry

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

They have been dwindling over the years as we are far more aware these days and people just weren't years ago, it was all a racket imho anyway even going back 100's of years good people were pagans in this country yet they had the church forced upon them and it was done worldwide, the christian and catholic church have vast wealth all gifted to them yet they don't like parting with money for repairs,

Most of us if not all like to believe in something whatever that maybe might a greater power or unknown, nothing to say there isn't some truth in things as historically things were never documented or were done so badly years later, I still think there could be something sprits in the wood kind of thing but as man kind will happily destroy the world for profit it's all going to ? those tribes that live out in rainforests should have been left alone instead of having things forced upon them and their forests destroyed and the old ways with them.
I believe there is something else and something we do not know of in spirits and supernatural things you can’t explain not ghosts but sixth sense etc definitely 

Religions are too pushy with things they can not prove and that’s what I dislike. I speak about this as I have a personal connection to religion although myself being unreligious but always open minded 

I believe something happens after death, I used to think you lay there in darkness with your eyes shut for eternity ? needless to say I was scared of death till I changed my outlook . Now im hopeful of something else positive happening born again into a new being my current ethos on the matter

I believe there is something else and something we do not know of in spirits and supernatural things you can’t explain not ghosts but sixth sense etc definitely 

Religions are too pushy with things they can not prove and that’s what I dislike. I speak about this as I have a personal connection to religion although myself being unreligious but always open minded 

I believe something happens after death, I used to think you lay there in darkness with your eyes shut for eternity ? needless to say I was scared of death till I changed my outlook . Now im hopeful of something else positive happening born again into a new being my current ethos on the matter
I aim to live a life that allows me to do everything I want to do first time round so I don't need a second attempt. Death doesn't scare me as the only thing I do know is one day, no matter what I do, is I'm going to die so why worry about the inevitable.

I'm also open minded.  Personally I think all religions are man made and although there might be some truth to them, that truth has been lost through the passage of time and peoples recollection of events.  I think religion has its merits and is very good for some people to try and make sense of life, I think a lot of the morals are very good as well... but I'm still open minded.

However the idea that the universe came out of nowhere, not a chance that can happen.  The science says it started with a big bang, but what started the big bang?

Then there is the thought of what was before the universe?  There would have been absolutely nothing, no blackness, no whiteness, no space... absolutely zilch, no physics, no time, no atoms, no light, no sound, completely nothing.  So from a scientific point of view, to go from completely nothing to suddenly even just a big bang... well that's impossible, so it would have to be some sort of magical mystical thing to start it all off, it's the only explanation that makes sense. 

So whatever the magical mystical thing is, what is it? and who created that?  That's what the key question is.

That's how I see it anyway, science can't appear from nothing, so what created the science that started everything and what created the thing that created the science [the rules of the universe]?

Or to simplify it

Stage 1 - Before the Universe, nothing

Stage 2 - Big bang comes out of nothing bringing all the physics, laws of gravity, time, space, matter etc

Stage 3 - Evolution creates everything else after the big bang

The science explains stage 3, it can't explain stage 1 or 2 and I don't believe it would be ever possible to explain getting from stage 1 to stage 2 via science.

I'm also open minded.  Personally I think all religions are man made and although there might be some truth to them, that truth has been lost through the passage of time and peoples recollection of events.  I think religion has its merits and is very good for some people to try and make sense of life, I think a lot of the morals are very good as well... but I'm still open minded.

However the idea that the universe came out of nowhere, not a chance that can happen.  The science says it started with a big bang, but what started the big bang?

Then there is the thought of what was before the universe?  There would have been absolutely nothing, no blackness, no whiteness, no space... absolutely zilch, no physics, no time, no atoms, no light, no sound, completely nothing.  So from a scientific point of view, to go from completely nothing to suddenly even just a big bang... well that's impossible, so it would have to be some sort of magical mystical thing to start it all off, it's the only explanation that makes sense. 

So whatever the magical mystical thing is, what is it? and who created that?  That's what the key question is.

That's how I see it anyway, science can't appear from nothing, so what created the science that started everything and what created the thing that created the science [the rules of the universe]?

Or to simplify it

Stage 1 - Before the Universe, nothing

Stage 2 - Big bang comes out of nothing bringing all the physics, laws of gravity, time, space, matter etc

Stage 3 - Evolution creates everything else after the big bang

The science explains stage 3, it can't explain stage 1 or 2 and I don't believe it would be ever possible to explain getting from stage 1 to stage 2 via science.
I'm sure this link will help:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/science/how-did-life-start/

?

No help to me, sorry. The idea of a creator looking down benevolently smiling on us from a white cloud whilst allowing the brutality, suffering and cruelty of all species, including our own to continue unchecked... Nah. Sorry!

If I find I'm wrong when I "shuttle off this mortal coil" (whatever that actually means but it sounds good ?). I will be asking him to explain himself "What the f.. K were you thinking!? More than he ever has a right to question me.

⚓?

Last edited by a moderator:
No help to me, sorry. The idea of a creator looking down benevolently smiling on us from a white cloud whilst allowing the brutality, suffering and cruelty of all species, including our own to continue unchecked... Nah. Sorry!

If I find I'm wrong when I "shuttle off this mortal coil" (whatever that actually means but it sounds good ?). I will be asking him to explain himself "What the f.. K were you thinking!? More than he ever has a right to question me. ⚓?
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/Good-News-From-God-Video-Series/video-why-suffering/

I am sorry my friend. I wish you very very well but you are on stony ground with me. Videos, bibles, sermons and books are all just products of ordinary mortals. If there's a higher being who wants to change my mind he better join me now while I'm sat on the sofa with a cup of tea. I'll put the kettle on again for the two of us and we can question each other. Hopefully we'll part in good terms. He to do his thing, and me to continue to do mine.

Wouldn't I have egg on my face if that were to actually happen!? ???

Obviously everyone has their own belief's and that's something to be respected. But if anyone does have genuine questions they would like help answering from the Bible please feel free to drop me a message.

Something that may interest those of you who just know of us as strange or boring etc. Is that I know personally of people who have changed their life around from being addicted to things like alcohol, drugs, gambling, had very poor relationships with their families and so on, and from learning about the Bible they are now living very happy lives and have managed to rebuild their relationships. There's people who where strongly racsist, had anger issues, have been in prison (or are still in prison) for bad decisions in life who have also managed to drastically change because of the Bible, which to me suggests it's more than an old fairytale book. There’s also been instances where someone has had a knock on the door from us when contemplating suicide, while we may offer people the opportunity to learn about the Bible and that may be seen as pushy, if anyone specifically asks us not to call again we will respect that. Other good work that we do is donations and volunteering to help in disaster relief, so whenever theres a hurricane, flood, fire and so on around the world we are more often than not there helping as an organisation and donating money, food, clothing and doing what we can to help those that need it, not just fellow Jehovah's witnesses. 

A small local example of something similar for me was when my relative had an accident at work and could no longer work for a few months due to an injury. There was a continuous supply of anonymous envelopes through the letterbox with cash in, food being delivered and so on to provide for his and his families needs. This wasn't something that people needed to be asked to do, there was no official direction from anyone for members of the congregation to do this, people took it upon themselves because they are trying to live in line with what the bible says.. 

Getting back on topic though, the reason so many window cleaners are Jehovah's witnesses, (theres about 10 of us in my local town) is because it's one of the few jobs out there that can give a good balance in life, the bible encourages hard work and providing for our families but it also encourages us not to view work and money as the number one thing in life, so for me personally i'm able to work 2-3 days a week and be comfortable. So at least you might not need to worry too much about us taking all your work! ?

I studied Theology but all it did was go round and round, never found an answer in it. Best traders in the world all had degrees in philosophy so I begun studying that as I wanted to be a currency trader. Must admit best thing to study if you want your business to grow.

I am sorry my friend. I wish you very very well but you are on stony ground with me. Videos, bibles, sermons and books are all just products of ordinary mortals. If there's a higher being who wants to change my mind he better join me now while I'm sat on the sofa with a cup of tea. I'll put the kettle on again for the two of us and we can question each other. Hopefully we'll part in good terms. He to do his thing, and me to continue to do mine.

Wouldn't I have egg on my face if that were to actually happen!? ???
How can you believe in something you can’t see know is real?

Baffles me

You can see gravity in action surely ? And the effects of wind?

can you see god giving you instructions or see him hearing your prayers?

edit 

sorry it should have said see or know is real 
well yes i can.if you took the time to examine what the bible really teaches,as opposed to what organised religions claim(immortality of the soul,hellfire,condition of the dead to name a few) you will see the evidence for yourself ?

we all have free choice whether we choose to believe or not. 

on a side note,gravity is a good one, we can all see the effects,yet no scientist can fully explain how or why the laws of gravity exist and work,yet like any law,its set in place by someone!

In answer to the original question, every time you see another windy,say Hi and ask if they're a JW, if they say yes 2 things will happen....1 you will see we are normal(ish!) people and 2,they would be happy to have a discussion with you ???

well yes i can.if you took the time to examine what the bible really teaches,as opposed to what organised religions claim(immortality of the soul,hellfire,condition of the dead to name a few) you will see the evidence for yourself ?

we all have free choice whether we choose to believe or not. 

on a side note,gravity is a good one, we can all see the effects,yet no scientist can fully explain how or why the laws of gravity exist and work,yet like any law,its set in place by someone!

In answer to the original question, every time you see another windy,say Hi and ask if they're a JW, if they say yes 2 things will happen....1 you will see we are normal(ish!) people and 2,they would be happy to have a discussion with you ???
Ive took enough time to read it and research it all

I’m not disputing that - 100% of Jehovah’s witnesses I’ve met are nice folk and I’ve met loads

They don’t like having discussions with me though as I ask the questions they don’t want or can’t answer

The generation of 1914 would see the end of the world apparently? Generations surely are 50 years or at best 100 years so times gone for that surely ?

Back