Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Sand?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you'll need about £500's worth if using quality resin sealer like Resiblock Superior - that's one coat but will be enough
Cheers, K. Going on a rough average that would end up being about 75L, does that seem about right?

I'll stick some before and after pics    up once it's done. Thanks for the heads up.

Well 60 ish. It wasn't meant to be precise, just approximate to give u an idea.

I was working on the basis 5sqm per litre using Resiblock Superior - matt or gloss

5litre tin covers 25sqm and costs about £55 from Resiblock but about £45 here ...http://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect.co.uk/

20 litres covers 100sqm

x3 = 60 litres for 300 sqm

12 tins at £45 each = £540

Should be noted that officially it's a 2 coat system according to Resiblock and 1st coat application is recommended at less than 5sqm / litre.

But in my opinion these application rates are well excessive and one coat is all u need....and if it were me I'd be getting MORE than 5sqm / litre out of it.

If u only want to stabilise sand those rates are plenty. Only caveat I would add is that if want full gloss effect then that's a slightly different matter, but in my experience 2nd coat doesn't make much difference to shine - damp/wet look would be better description than gloss

Thanks Alec and K in Kent for your help earlier in the year pricing and getting the quantities right. You were both spot on with your advice, the job went well & happy customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks Alec and K in Kent for your help earlier in the year pricing and getting the quantities right. You were both spot on with your advice, the job went well & happy customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Cheers Neil, nice of you to say so.

Back