Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just starting out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AJ Fry

Hi Everyone!

Im Andy and I'm based on the South Coast sandwiched between Southampton and Portsmouth. Just starting out on the window cleaning venture and found this forum. Looks absolutely superb, Seems to be some top blokes on here giving up there time to offer advice to others.

Well Im currently a self employed bathroom fitter and have been for over 10 years. Ive had a gut full of it and have been looking for a change for a while. It can be incredibly stressful and very physical. The days are often long and time pressured from the customer. And you know once the rot has set in its a slippery slope.

One day fitting a bathroom the window cleaner came round and we got chatting and my interest has grown from there. It seems to tick every box!

working outdoors, less stress, less responsibility, more flexibility, and it turns out you guys make as much as i do in a morning than i do all day!!

So anyway he was part of a franchise and i got talking to the owner who's a top bloke and got very interested in a franchise too! however after giving some serious thought the monthly royalties would soon feel a big cost not to mention other terms and conditions to it as well. So I've decided to venture out on my own and give it a shot initially working it alongside the bathrooms hopefully as the round builds over the next year or so fazing bathrooms out.

I already have a decent van so looking to fire up a wfp from the start. Any help as to where to begin with this would be much appreciated. Initially looking to buy water locally (from the franchise owner) just to get me washing some windows. Already have 20 people who have said yes let me know when you've started, you can do ours etc.

So I guess i better get started!! 

Thanks guys i can see this forum will be invaluable in the early days.

Also if anyone has been on any training days on knows of any accreditation worth having that would be superb.

Welcome to the forum, As for running a window cleaning business not being stressful thats a personal thing and everyone's experience will be different.

As for accreditation it ain't worth the paper it's written on as clients won't care at all believe me I have been cleaning windows over 18 years and never been asked if I am fully trained or have a member of trade organisation

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

For sure, I'm sure there will be times of stress, as with any business, but looking forward to a new challenge.

Same with any trades i guess, you learn the same amount in a week out in the field compared to a whole term at college. 

Appreciate your reply.

Latest Posts

Back