Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Knee Pain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mattlekim

Hello. Long story short but I due to an old injury I'm susceptible to problems with my knees. That's why I went to wfp 10 years ago.

Anyway last few months it's been really bad, and waiting on results from x-ray. In the mean time anyone else here have problems with knees and wfp? Wondering if my method is putting pressure on my knee and making it worse.

Any suggestion on what I could do to ease the strain.

I'm starting to worry about how many years iv got left in my right knee. ?

I had a guy work for me several years ago who had knee problems and he had several operations before working for me and was ok but after 12 months he was in that much pain he had to give the job up , he is now fine no pain at all he thought it was the rocking and twisting motion using the pole that aggravated an old injury .

Thanks. I'm hoping they can do something for it. Iv window cleaned since college, and although I'm a qualifyed computer programmer I ant got any chance of getting a job since It 18 years since employed in it.

Thanks. I'm hoping they can do something for it. Iv window cleaned since college, and although I'm a qualifyed computer programmer I ant got any chance of getting a job since It 18 years since employed in it.
Most pains are manageable if you understand why you're getting them. Most injuries / pains are caused by putting unnatural strain on your body. If you minimise lateral pressure on joints and stand straight you will find out if it's the job or you.
To alleviate any problems taking Ibuprofen and icing, the inflamed area on a 10 minute per hour basis should help. If this doesn't help then a visit to the Docs is required.

Hello. Long story short but I due to an old injury I'm susceptible to problems with my knees. That's why I went to wfp 10 years ago.

Anyway last few months it's been really bad, and waiting on results from x-ray. In the mean time anyone else here have problems with knees and wfp? Wondering if my method is putting pressure on my knee and making it worse.

What about a support bandage?

My left knee is becoming a problem now. I put it down to wear and tear over the years. Similarly the aches and pains in my shoulders after doing some awkward jobs with the wfp. It is a manual job after all. People just see you brushing a pole up and down a window or fanning with a squeegee and think it,s a doddle of a job and I can do that....until they try it 5 days a week every week. One of the reasons so many newbies quit.

I found knee support in boots, real game changer feels like I have a new knee. Hope this helps.

My left knee is becoming a problem now. I put it down to wear and tear over the years. Similarly the aches and pains in my shoulders after doing some awkward jobs with the wfp. It is a manual job after all. People just see you brushing a pole up and down a window or fanning with a squeegee and think it,s a doddle of a job and I can do that....until they try it 5 days a week every week. One of the reasons so many newbies quit.
Do you find anything in particular makes it worse? It's my right knee that my problem. Sometimes even an awkward step can be painful for me.

Yea I have tried one, not much difference. Hope x-ray dosnt reveal anything to problematic with it. Can't afford to have time off work
I had tennis elbow. Doc gave me some exercises to do and pain killers to grind it out. After 6 months it went away. Back gives me pain when I do physical work so I wear a back support when I need to.

My knees were starting to get a few niggles back in my ladder days, it went away after I changed to WFP
I don't really use my legs at all on WFP, I stand still with legs straight and use my arms, it's just the way I've always done it.

Back