Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone Got A Digital Varistream And Shurflo?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Installed the 5L a min pump and varistream.

Been reading up about people have problems with pressure settings etc.

I disconnected the pressure switch and I will be using it with a 100m microbore reel.

Anybody use this setup?

Anything I need todo.

What number do you have it on?

Hi Damo built a trolley system round one type in digital varistream controller into google a full instruction in adobe is available the pressure set up is the hard bit you have to play around to get it right as it will make too much pressure and not switch properly on standard setting get the shut off right and everything else works great if your struggling let me know and will check settings

I have got full instructions with it and just read up on it.

First day out tomorrow with it. So what problems could I face exactly?

The most likely will be pressure mine blew hoselocks off and kept pumping the shuflo is a great pump so when I used the aquadapters on the pole to switch off the varistream should reach pressure and switch off but on factory default the pressure is way too high so the pump keeps going try lowering your pressure setting till its really too sensitive and work upwards if that makes sense

Once the pressure off is right everything else comes together very quickly boost works well the up and down settings are good hated it first time I used it but sought help and its defo down to pressure setting

Awesome, I appreciate it will be a pain to set up. I will keep the same pole hose/ brush jets etc

Thanks for the advice !!

Struggling to find destructions did write notes on it usual probs with not being up and running all the time my setting for flow is on 5 that runs the 100 mtr of 8 mm hose + 30 ft brodex with aquadapter stop switch may need to boost though will read instructions as cant remember how to get to pressure setting without instructions that's using pencil jets by the way

I do have instructions.

Cleaning spot is fantastic for that. They gave instructions with paint/reels etc etc

Would start at c for pressure setting may have to go down from that so set to c let pump run a min close switch(tap method) should instantly show p on display for pressure reached and instantly stop pumping the flow as no effect on this but on c setting there's a number setting for fine tuning get the switch off right then its plain sailing the bad connections plumbing wise will show them selves quickly due to the shuflo performance it's a great set up once right worth perseverance goes from a-f off memory for pressure off

Setting f will not stop pumping setting a may not switch on from memory i can't remember the factory default whatever it is its way too high

Excellent. Will start off at c then.

Hoping to have this working off remote as well. As bought the logic one shot. Ariel may need mounting outside of the van tho.

Yeah helped a lot mate. I did have the instructions. But just wanted stories. Can't beat field experience with a tool /emoticons/smile.png

The instructions are very clear on how to adjust the pressure setting.

With our units we set up the max flow we would use and with the pump running then set the pressure side to suit. We mostly run on 3 or 4 so the pressure switch is progammed for speed 5.

What I recommend you do is fit an isolator switch to the power input to the Varistream from your battery/power supply. We found that the unit still consumes power even when switched off. If it's the latest one - the one that has LED bars indicating battery charge/condition, then you WILL need to fit a isolator switch on the power side (+) from the battery near the Varistream. We found it will drain about 25% of an 85 amp leisure battery in about a week lying idle.

We found that this works fine and you just switch it off at the end of the day. http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-1-gang-10a-switch-ip55-240v/47152

Using this won't invalidate your warranty should anything go wrong.

I have a replacement Varistream that is brand new and now out of warranty. It was brought as a spare along with a new Shurflo pump and strainer. I will open it up and will fit a rocker on/off switch into the side as it will keep the isolator switch and Varistream as one unit for a neater setup..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280899065685?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
LOL already fitted a waterproof switch from screw fix. As they seem to be the cheapest all round.

I got x3 20amp waterproof switches for £15 so happy with that.

Yeah i read the instructions and seemed simple enough!

The Varistream is setup for the Shurflo 5.2l pump so it should work fine from 'out of the box.'

We have had very good service from our Varistreams and would have no hesitation in recommending them to everyone.

I bought it as a job lot. Got strainers, pumps etc.

The other vans have got analogue, but this is for my van!!!!!

Question though..... Once the pressure is set up, and just say i wanted a higher flow rate. If i mess around with the 1-9 range. Does that effect the pressure cut out or not?

The pressure switch stays put once you've set it via the instructions the flow can be put up down with no effect down powered etc as no effect once settings saved my unit is trolley use only battery is 24ah and I disconnect croc clips when not in use just power up and adjust 5 setting is quite high I'm sure that will be enough you may even go down a bit as water goes quick

Awesome cant wait, should save the back a bit. Fed up of trolley humping.

Tomorrow I have 9 houses in a row, so cannot wait to use the hose.

Probably better than brodex set up in my van would have no issues using trolley to take over from the brodex controller

Back