Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder Safety Product

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nick8

Hi guys, I am a product design student at Bournemouth University. I am currently designing a ladder safety device to prevent the base of ladders from sliding out for use on slippery and uneven surfaces. I have approached this forum as I'm sure many of you use ladders everyday and will have the knowledge and experiences to help me with my project.

Below is a link to a questionnaire which shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to complete. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy lives.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCMAebLSoxc4KlvA7yi5ddeZ06OuLlidzk3YWZyJjZKoJ-Zg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you ?

Hi Nick,

There is a niche opening up in the market - LSD used to make a device called Ankalad Stabilisers - two telescopic right angled poles attached to the ladder styles - google it. LSD no longer make/supply them (they made other devices aswell - which may have caused them to cease trading) but it's highly regarded by many who use had used them - including me - rather than reinvent the wheel...you might find this is the 'solution' - if you're not looking to make the design - you might just 'borrow' the concept/idea (copyrights permitting)

Hi Nick,

There is a niche opening up in the market - LSD used to make a device called Ankalad Stabilisers - two telescopic right angled poles attached to the ladder styles - google it. LSD no longer make/supply them (they made other devices aswell - which may have caused them to cease trading) but it's highly regarded by many who use had used them - including me - rather than reinvent the wheel...you might find this is the 'solution' - if you're not looking to make the design - you might just 'borrow' the concept/idea (copyrights permitting)
Hi, 

Thanks for the response. I am looking to design the product myself as its for my final year university project but that product could definitely influence a few ideas! 

Latest Posts

Back