Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie from down south, hi to all.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you tell hmrc now then al the petrol you use to go canvassing/flyering you can keep the receipts and claim against your tax when you do your returns.

You don't have to be earning to claim as it is a business expense while getting customers.

Hi Daveyboy, Yes, deffo will add this. I take it thats the added bonus of running a business you can reduce paying tax less than what my privious job was in office, could not claim my petrol to get there and back.

Ah so I cna get recipts for my flyers and web sites etc and claim against that as set up costs and what about the public liability insurance etc? I am learnign so much off here. Thank you. So really I will end up better off tax wise than I was working in the office as I could not claim against a thing.?

Anything which is a direct cost of your business is tax deductable

Car insurance is a bit iffy as if it is used for private use as well then you can't claim as a business expense

Hmrc have a lot of advice what you can claim on their site

Nice one, yeah car I will leave, the public liabitlity and web site flyer cost I wil put throw and I will check HMRC. This is good news as will pay less tax, should end up paying less than the office job tax then in theroy? as I had to pay the set rate with no deductions.

But you are no better off as you are only claiming money back that you have already spent

unless you fancy some air max or something nice as work shoes;)

lol - yeah could get creative on the tax claim. I am to straight for that, I would not even pinch a 1p sweet. Being serious though, its ok as its not as If i am getting money now, but it is money I have spent and you can claim it back to bring the tax down. So if say I earnt 20k in a year, first 10k is non tax so tax on 10k, but then take off say a few k for business expense, then only 8k to be tax on. That will be better than the office tax I pay at old job. thats set as per what everyone else pays.

Does it work as simple as that? say i buy flyers £100.00 that comes off the year total the ful amount £100.00 and so on. Thats one perk of being sole trader then. ok you spent it in 1st place but its nice to get some off the other end.

If you earnt 20k a year I would say you bettter pull your finger out and stop workimg part time..lol

Davey boy1, I wish I lived near you mate, you can single handed sort out and inform all the newbies on here, learnt a lot mate, cheers, I dont no what windys earn really, I assume more than 20k, my last job was not a great paid job for office work, hence the seek to move away and stop being used. You should charge newbies and for your expert knowledge and claim that back lol. There are so many questions I would love to ask people on here but dont want to push things, sitting down with a quality windy and getting one to one advice would be so helpful, I have learnt so much since joinging here.

I have left my old job and will not be returning to office work EVER!!! So I need a shift on now and get my business up and going. (shi*s self). /emoticons/smile.png

I wasn't earning less than 20 quid an hour 8 years ago and a a fair bit more now depending on the job so your hard work will

Pay off

well gotta say...you seem to have the right attitude scottie !...some days we all wonder as it pee s down on us yet again but you shake off the rain and get back to work....go for it:D

ta boar....just reminded me to be the first to say ...beam them in scottie....:eek:..hey told you we the fun forum....

got be a trekkie to understand though!

Latest Posts

Back