Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advise on turning down work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

Would like to hear your thoughts on turning down internal window cleaning work. I’ve recently turned down a few internal window cleaning jobs for a couple of reasons 1 I’m not very quick at them and 2 I don’t find it efficient working round the customers schedule and it messes with my external window cleaning work. Do you think I’m harming my business by turning away internal work ? I will add that I’m not in need of the work as I have a full time exterior window clean round.
Thanks in advance.

It’s your business and therefore your choice. I chose to not do any internals and lost only one customer over 6 year. Politely, due to the reasons you listed above say that you don’t offer that service.

Would like to hear your thoughts on turning down internal window cleaning work. I’ve recently turned down a few internal window cleaning jobs for a couple of reasons 1 I’m not very quick at them and 2 I don’t find it efficient working round the customers schedule and it messes with my external window cleaning work. Do you think I’m harming my business by turning away internal work ? I will add that I’m not in need of the work as I have a full time exterior window clean round.
Thanks in advance.
You say you have a full time round so it hasn't harmed your business up to now. The simplest way to do it say you're not insured and to get insurance would cost you an extra £120 a year.

Just say no, I was doing the inside of a lantern roof supposedly every 12 weeks but the customer is retired and they go away quite a bit so it was getting longer plus it was a pita putting down floor protection setting up ladder etc, she texted me a few months ago asking about cleaning it again I told her I no longer did internals as it was a time consuming job and I was too busy with the work I already had.

On the odd occasion they ask me, I tell them next time I'm doing the windows il chap the door first and let them know I'm here. Tell them that will give them a chance to get everything moved that would be in my way.

Before I done it that way, some of the older people's houses were on par with army assault courses trying to get into the windows. Then move about 35 pictures of there grandkids out the way.

Doing it this way let's them know I'm expecting things to be clear

Thanks in advance.
No

Thanks in advance.

No!I don't clear or repair gutters,clean inside windows or inside conny roofs,I don't clean any conny roofs that are awkward access either...

I used to offer all these add ons years ago but don't anymore.its never affected my business in a negative way at all,quite the opposite!

It's made my round simpler,more efficient and enjoyable

Latest Posts

Back