Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Legalities of equipment etc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I too have found customers are fine with either their green bin or on the garden. I was more thinking that there could be occasions that being able to take the waste away might be handy to win the job - if it's a decent one :)
I've only had my gutter vac a few weeks and have done a couple of jobs with about 3 or 4 more booked in week after next.
Fair enough, I understand it must be handy to offer waste away if you needed to ?.
Good luck with the gutter vacuum buddy ?

Any tips on finding a registered waste disposal company/site? Looking at google, I can find lots of companies that will come and take away waste but that wouldn't comply as my house would be a waste transfer station! I can't find any that I could take waste to. Is there a special name for sites that take commercial waste?
I have the local waste recycling centre near me
The odd occasion I have been stuck I’ve shoved the mess in a couple of bags and took them down the road in my car
To them it’s just garden waste and goes in their skip

To be fair it’s not that expensive to dispose of less than £20 at most places
Ideally we should all be EA registered waste carriers (legal requirement) and carry our license in vehicles/phone. Councils/police do random roadside stops to check for flytipping - if stopped carrying any waste - you’ll be asked to show you’re registered (free from EA online) also a basic log what/when/where picked up.

Always dispose of moss/gutter debris at local trade green waste/recycling site - empty waste into several 1/3 filled one ton “grab bags” (easier handling) Dump when I have 3-4 bags - weigh bridge in/out pay for weight dumped usually minimum charge ~£23/ton

Technically if anyone dumps waste on land without the owner’s permission it’s legally *fly tipping* with so many doorcams/cctv/ covert spy cams being used in hotspots it’s the most responsible way!👍

Last edited:
We should all be EA registered waste carriers (legal requirement) and carry our license in our vehicles/phone. Councils do random roadside stops with police present to check for flytipping - if stopped you must show you’re a registered waste carrier (its free to from EA) also a basic log what/when/where picked up.

Always dispose of moss/gutter debris at local trade green waste recycling site - empty waste into several 1/3 filled one ton “grab bags” (1/3 full easy handling) I dump when I have 3-4 - weigh bridge in/out pay for weight dumped usually minimum charge ~£23

Technically if we dump green waste on land without the owner’s permission it’s legally *fly tipping*
Again this is only needed if removing waist off site

Again this is only needed if removing waist off site
Agree - I never ask to dump the customers waste in their garden - I’m a *professional* - I explain at quote what I do with the waste and show my registration - professional responsibility never fails to impress (imho)

It's a bit of moss and mud hardly dangerous waste.... No different to what is in their garden beds.

Exactly. No different than buy a bag or peat or compost from B&Q and transporting it home.
I was very much the same but did a big job last week where we couldn't have put all the :poop: under bushes and trees if we'd been beside the Amazon Rain Forest. Now officially registered as a waste carrier :ROFLMAO:.

It's a bit of moss and mud hardly dangerous waste.... No different to what is in their garden beds.
Your customers have moss in their flower beds? Eau de parfum stagnant water with a hint of rotting vegetation hmm. Not sure that would be popular with my customers - vive la difference

Latest Posts

Back