Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leisure battery help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What batteries do you have @Pjj . It’s a similar Sterling charger to what I have although I have an add on that tells you remotely what’s happening to the batteries (which is a waste of time!!) It’s a 40amp charger if I remember correctly - I have a separate 32amp electric circuit with round 32amp connectors that plug straight in to my van. Normal house electrics and a 13amp 3 pin plug really aren’t adequate for a battery bank of more than two batteries.

What batteries do you have @Pjj . It’s a similar Sterling charger to what I have although I have an add on that tells you remotely what’s happening to the batteries (which is a waste of time!!) It’s a 40amp charger if I remember correctly - I have a separate 32amp electric circuit with round 32amp connectors that plug straight in to my van. Normal house electrics and a 13amp 3 pin plug really aren’t adequate for a battery bank of more than two batteries.

They are haze 180 amp gell heavy duty batteries 

Which Numax charger are you recommending please? My batteries are 12v 110am. I’m thinking of buying one, I’m currently using a CTEK charger. 

Which Numax charger are you recommending please? My batteries are 12v 110am. I’m thinking of buying one, I’m currently using a CTEK charger. 

I have used that Numax 10 amp smart charger for motor homes for 12 years now and its done the job. As I've mentioned before, I've fitted 2 replacement cooling fans and a new supply cable. I have one 110 amp leisure battery although I have wired the charger in so it also charges the van battery as well.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/battery-chargers/numax/leisure-12v-10a/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkbOVjdOo5QIVj0PTCh3ziwZXEAQYASABEgJBs_D_BwE

The CTEK is supposed to be very good, but if its a 3 or 5 amp it will take forever to charge 2 x 110 amp batteries (you wrote batteries so I presume you have more than one).

The 10 amp charger I have is suitable for batteries up to 165 amp.

@dazmond has 2 x 110 amp batteries on his van and Grippa supplied him a 20 amp charger.

@spruce Thank you for the above advice . Mine is a CTEK 7. I usually plug it in when I get home around 5pm, leave it overnight and usually fully charged. I only have one on the van, but one of my kind customers gave me a new leisure battery, so I sometimes swap them over although heavy?. But I do keep them both fully charged. Mine in the van is on a split charger but a total waste really I don’t do any miles. Work is very compact. It is a bit of a pain as it is connected with two plug type connectors, I have to unclip them every time to charge, it sometimes causes a loose connection. So I could do with a permanent charger. The battery is behind passenger seat, so can be fiddly. 

A 7 amp should work ok on a single battery but it will take longer to charge.

If you have a Durite VSR and you charge your battery in the van while is still hooked up, the van battery will get charged as well. The Durite and many of the other clones are bi directional which means they will trigger with current flow in either direction.

Time taken to charge your battery is dependent on how often you charge your battery. If you only do it every 3 or 4 days then charging is going to take longer than if you did it every night.

It does help that your charger can be left on 'charging' the battery for extended periods of time.

Thanks for the info Spruce. 

I’m not sure if it’s a Durite, I will ask the lad that fit it for me. 

I charge every other night. For the time I mentioned above. I think I might order the Numax charger too. Keep them both topped up. 

Latest Posts

Back