Lewis ladders- anyone got them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by windowsurfer, Aug 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Just wondered if anyone has this type of ladders, they have d-rungs and a stabiliser bar, looking at the combination ladder, as trying to get a smurf style setup. Got my ankalad, but want to fit it to a new ladder, as mine is just a diy ladder. Appreciate any thoughts of this product:)

Thought about the 7.58m, just under 25ft, £125 inc vat and delivery

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Why no just buy the BPS ladder smurf has, theyre a good price and well made, I've got the same.

3. windowsurfer

Do they have the d-rungs? I find the square ladder I have pretty uncomfortable, even with boots on. I was trying to find what size of ladders smurf and you use, but couldnt find the link, what height do you use?:)

4. TolishAPurd

Oh I missed the d rung bit. Its the 13rung which is their biggest one. I have one of the industrial class 1 ladders that BPS do and that has d rungs, but it doesn't have the bottom stabiliser which works very well when combined with the ankalad. The industrial is pricey, and I wouldn't want to carry a 13 rung version about.

5. windowsurfer

Thanks:thumbsup: I will be using it hopefully for gutter cleans and take the top section of for when im using the ladders for the couple of houses i use ladders on, so im not carrying them very far.

Forgot to put the link up http://www.lewisladders.co.uk/combination_ladders.html

6. TolishAPurd

125 notes, d rungs, stabiliser bar, trade rated, British made, ...looks good to me mate.:thumbsup:

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do like British made

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've never had a problem using box standard rungs if anything I would have thought you are more likely for your feet to slip if not careful using d rungs :rolleyes:

9. windowsurfer

You just scared me with that comment, I hope the d doesn't mean death rungs. I've got size 11-12 feet so thought the d rungs would be better, maybe just get the bps, more Thinking to do.thanks

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm sure d rungs are fine as are fitted to most trade & class 1 ladders. :thumbsup:

Advertisement