Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lichen on solar panels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’m testing a new product for lichen next week, approved by a pv manufacturer. Fingers crossed!!
@solarpanelcleaningltd -  I'm guessing it must 'just' be a biocide? - is it really that much of an issue to warrant it's own product? I normally just get a few rosettes which quickly and easily lift off once soaked with pure/dwell/light scrub with WFP ? Not sure i'd be in q  to pay for the product 

I will be cleaning my panels later on today because we had rain all day yesterday and anything on them will be nice and soft. Hot pure water and I bump the pressure up to 70 and only takes me 5mins each side. 

Flow up to 70 ?????
Just for solar panels but I use 60 when cleaning windows. Never got them cleaned, maybe Sunday, just too busy. Got a roof and pvc clean next week as well as a monoblock driveway fix. Still got 2 days of windows to clean and got asked to clean a conny today and maybe a new customer. Its all go at the moment, one job leads to another job. I have had 19 viewers on Checkatrade from Monday when I usually get 6 viewers in a full week. I hate being popular. ?

@solarpanelcleaningltd -  I'm guessing it must 'just' be a biocide? - is it really that much of an issue to warrant it's own product? I normally just get a few rosettes which quickly and easily lift off once soaked with pure/dwell/light scrub with WFP ? Not sure i'd be in q  to pay for the product 
We come across lichen welded on. 

372D3DA7-F12F-4797-B5CB-DD3A948064F5.jpeg

Depends if the computer measuring the power even still works? For them to show exactly the same post clean reading seems rare. Independent testing kit needed to be sure I imagine. 

Depends if the computer measuring the power even still works? For them to show exactly the same post clean reading seems rare. Independent testing kit needed to be sure I imagine. 
The readings are accurate , I have some very astute customers who keep an eye on output every hour of the day and they will keep  a record of kw produced  , sad but true ??????

The readings are accurate , I have some very astute customers who keep an eye on output every hour of the day and they will keep  a record of kw produced  , sad but true ??????
At the beginning I used to keep a record of every day's readings till I ran out of ink. First year I got £1150 back but last year was £1500 back, so either its getting alot sunnier up hear or panels working better after the clean. The price did rise by about 15% though.

I think there's this happening, some deny it, but I've read about a thing called 'global warming' means even places like 'Scotaland' ? are getting more sun (less cloud) than ever before - year on year - might have a bearing?

I think there's this happening, some deny it, but I've read about a thing called 'global warming' means even places like 'Scotaland' ? are getting more sun (less cloud) than ever before - year on year - might have a bearing?
Hope so, long may it continue but going by yesterday's rainfall who knows where its coming from now because I got caught in middle of it!

I’m testing a new product for lichen next week, approved by a pv manufacturer. Fingers crossed!!
Did you ever get to test it? I’ve got a few small patches across my 4kw array and even on a clear day I’m only getting 3kw.

one company had a go with tap water and a pole/brush after some days of rain, no good, even tried a scrapper. Another company said if they have to do it from the ridge it will cost more.

I want the panels clean but there are limits to how much it’s worth paying relative to the FIT reduction.

anyone in the Boston Lincs area able to sort me out?

Back