Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lighter pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Alex

I yesterday bought an extreme 18 from you, should the worst happen and it snaps can I purchase replacement sections?

may thanks
Hi Paul. What was your pole of choice before the extreme? And it would be interesting to know your thoughts on the differences between the two, when you've put the extreme to work. Thanks..

ive gone from slx to xline and imo the xline fiels a bit heaver and more top heavy  but i tell ya my sholders realy fiel the extra im no lite waight 15 stone ish ,ill be replacing my to slx sections this year swaping my xline for my soft wash pole then next year ill get a extreme x3 and have the slx as back up incase the extreme snaps on a job , its nice to here u extreme users have had no issue  :1f44d:

Had my Xtreme for just over a week and until you have one you just won't get it.  

Some time back I asked @Alex Gardiner what the main difference between an SLX 25 and the Xtreme 25 was. His answer was........

'I like going to work with my SLX but I love going to work with my Xtreme.'

At the time I thought 'Arrogant prat' but I got to take that back because now I get it.  

Mine is the X3, this does not have metal bands and to be honest it also does not feel 'fragile' at all.   

Hi Paul. What was your pole of choice before the extreme? And it would be interesting to know your thoughts on the differences between the two, when you've put the extreme to work. Thanks..
slx 27 with tucker brush which must be around 300g, it has never been a problem for me as I'm 6 3" and 200lbs solid.

I've been working out for 20 years . But recently there has been an increasing amount of days where my wife has not been able to work along side me which turns a 4 hour day for two into a 7 hour day for me, I am really feeling it in my neck and left shoulder!

I took off 2 sections from my slx 27 and used it as an slx 18 and what a difference, was like throwing a straw around but the brush still felt heavy.

I have ordered an ultimate brush at 180 g so should notice a big difference there too, after hearing about the extreme brush natural bristle at 90 g I may get one of them as I've heard its an excellent combination.

I think the fact that these poles at more fragile will also cause me to push less when scrubbing so will have a double barrel strain lessening effect for me, I just hope I can get bird mess etc off as we get a lot of that on the coast. I also have the countryside all around me so we get lots of them little bug spots that take a good scrub too but I guess I will have to attack them from another angle rather than brute force scrubbing power.

I do have the super scraper but I find myself preferring  to keep scrubbing instead of turning off the flow, switching the pole around and using it. It seems easier at the time but there's no logic to it.

I expect delivery one day next week and will be using right away so will be able to report back by the end of next week after putting to the test for a couple of days.

Even changing a brush is very noticible, I went from a sill brush to an ultimate and noticed the difference in my dodgy shoulder and I'm not a light weight lol. 

As a matter of fact since implementing a few changes my shoulder is loads better. 

Just do a hot water conversion @paul alan.  I don't 'scrub' No need to with piping hot water.  As for bird poo and bugs (not trying to make it a competition) half my round is in the heart of the Peak District so plenty of that about. That's why I did hot water. 

You have got me thinking about my next set up as a majority of my round is in the villages so crazy amounts of spiders ? insects ? and ? poo will be picking your brains when the time comes ?

Just do a hot water conversion @paul alan.  I don't 'scrub' No need to with piping hot water.  As for bird poo and bugs (not trying to make it a competition) half my round is in the heart of the Peak District so plenty of that about. That's why I did hot water. 
Have considered it in the past but get a lot of differing opinions on hot, there is people that say it makes no difference whatsoever after using it for years and converting back to cold, then there is people that swear by it.

Thing is there would be an outlay for the conversion and so it feels like I would be taking a risk by trying it out, saying that I do have an immersion fitted into my 650ltr tank, 2kw I think or maybe 3kw would have to check but then I suppose i would need to uprate some hoses and brushes and maybe fittings too.

Have considered it in the past but get a lot of differing opinions on hot, there is people that say it makes no difference whatsoever after using it for years and converting back to cold, then there is people that swear by it.

Thing is there would be an outlay for the conversion and so it feels like I would be taking a risk by trying it out, saying that I do have an immersion fitted into my 650ltr tank, 2kw I think or maybe 3kw would have to check but then I suppose i would need to uprate some hoses and brushes and maybe fittings too.
It cost £150 and if you can plumb a hozelock garden hose you can fit a system.  

WhatvI hear back from several lads with the Webasto based systems (many thousands fitted) are the water gets to warm at best.  With my gas one it comes out hotter than I like my showers.... and I do like a hot power shower. 

Hi Alex

I yesterday bought an extreme 18 from you, should the worst happen and it snaps can I purchase replacement sections?

may thanks

Providing you look after as per instructions provided which come with the pole, Then section's will be replaced under warranty if a section snaps in the first 12 months.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

because i am a horse i used a slx35 with a xline sill brush and a auqadapter fitted on the end as a daily pole for years and years , but after a massive accident my life changed , i went from benching 250kg at the gym to hardly lifting 130 my pole became like lead and i was in alot of plain everyday 

fast forward 2 years and a lot of cash  ive know settled on a ex22 , with a supreme brush , uni value and a carbon goose neck , the girls at gardeners spend a long time with me on the phone and were a great help with me , not rushing me and going into depth about brushes and telling me the feed back they got from other windys which was a massive help  

i used the exreme brush for a few months ,  but you really have to think about it when cleaning every window and because it was so light you rubbed more and if your not swiched on you can mark the sills with the stock

i found the supreme a good comprise 

if your in a world of hurt these are by far the best but if you heavy handed and shutter windows then i would go for a slx18 and a ex47 for anything higher as ive found this to be the next best combo for the world of hurt and for staff that dont give a hoot about there gear yet have trouble with hurt 

Last edited by a moderator:
It cost £150 and if you can plumb a hozelock garden hose you can fit a system.  

WhatvI hear back from several lads with the Webasto based systems (many thousands fitted) are the water gets to warm at best.  With my gas one it comes out hotter than I like my showers.... and I do like a hot power shower. 
Did my plumbing new level 2 so shouldn’t be a problem.

cheers

because i am a horse i used a slx35 with a xline sill brush and a auqadapter fitted on the end as a daily pole for years and years , but after a massive accident my life changed , i went from benching 250kg at the gym to hardly lifting 130 my pole became like lead and i was in alot of plain everyday 

fast forward 2 years and a lot of cash  ive know settled on a ex22 , with a supreme brush , uni value and a carbon goose neck , the girls at gardeners spend a long time with me on the phone and were a great help with me , not rushing me and going into depth about brushes and telling me the feed back they got from other windys which was a massive help  

i used the exreme brush for a few months ,  but you really have to think about it when cleaning every window and because it was so light you rubbed more and if your not swiched on you can mark the sills with the stock

i found the supreme a good comprise 

if your in a world of hurt these are by far the best but if you heavy handed and shutter windows then i would go for a slx18 and a ex47 for anything higher as ive found this to be the next best combo for the world of hurt and for staff that dont give a hoot about there gear yet have trouble with hurt 
Horse benching 250k ???

haha.... more like a bull mate!

I once benched 175k and it scared me I gotta be honest it was a silly thing to do that weight felt ridicule's , but was juiced up and felt superhuman so had to give it a go.

Can dead 200k but 250k bench would destroy my shoulders am sure, would just snap!

I once benched 175k and it scared me I gotta be honest it was a silly thing to do that weight felt ridicule's , but was juiced up and felt superhuman so had to give it a go.

Can dead 200k but 250k bench would destroy my shoulders am sure, would just snap!
it helps being 20 stone mate and trained to death in the army , bit fat now sencie the accident but getting there, i am  slowly training down and taking it easy lol mind you i still lift more then most the guys half my age and  i am taking it easy ,hoping to get in to a xxl large shirt soon with out it looking too small on me 

Latest Posts

Back