Minimum Charges (for one off's)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Damo, Jul 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Damo

Damo Guru

I know it's all been said and done before but last week we have a new policy.

As from last week we have a minimum charge of £25 now.

Regardless of size, area etc. When i say area! Even if it's next door to a house i am cleaning.

We have also started to choose what work we take on now. If it sounds like a pain i say not interested.

One woman last year asked about 15 questions.

Will the brush damage this? Will it do that? What about drips? After she said all that on the phone i just said WFP is not what you need. You need a trad cleaner. She agreed. She asked to come round and quote and i said we don't do it any more lol! (we do, only for commercial though)

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

£25 minimum..what size houses arenthey Damo?
    Wouldn't get that round here for most average houses

3. Damo

Damo Guru

DOH!

I mean min charges for ONE OFF's lol !!!!!!

4. Damo

Damo Guru

Fed up of losing out. Even a two up two down house can take close to an hour WFP to get perfect.

Even when you charge double. It's not enough. In an ideal world. It needs to be x4 to cover the job.

Would be way quicker to get ladders out but I don't like doing ladder work now. Simple as that lol.

So at £25 min charge I can sort the dross out straight out. If it's a massive house. Then it's not £25 lol. It's just absolute minimum.

5. simon

simon Guru

an hour??? what the hell do you do or is that a deep clean

6. Damo

Damo Guru

Hi Simon,

its the driving to the job, then losing time driving to next job. Explaining system, problem windows. Windows are usually beyond shocking. Setting up/packing away.

Not everyone one takes an hour, just they can if you aint carful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

It's funny you should post this Damo. Was thinking to myself that I'd like my windows cleaned, but probably not fussed about them enough to warrant a regular clean (I realise I have sinned saying that in here!)

Then thought to myself about how inconvenient and frustrating customers who only want a one-off clean are to you guys, and thought I'd be willing to pay around £25 for a one off clean.

So your pricing must be there or there abouts! Then again, most customers won't be as au fait with the ways of the windie :)

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

That's good damo, I've started doing the same, I get a lot of end tenancy cleans through the website, and I now charge £40 minimum no matter what the size,

Did a upstairs maisonette only yesterday for £40, surprisingly the bloke thought that price was fine!

Was fed up of being called out for 10 odd quid, so decided to make a stand lol

9. Alien Human

Do you charge a similar amount for first cleans as well Damo?

£25 is actually the figure that I have been using for a a first clean or one offs for a 'normal sized 2/3 bed house'

Just quoted that face to face with someone 10 mins ago who decided it was too much but the back windows were minging so I wasn't bothered.

'But the last window cleaner did it for £8'

'Well give him a buzz and if it doesn't work out then I will be more than happy to pop back. Have a nice day'

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Question is where is the last windie then

Advertisement