Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice For Gaining Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ian

Hi

I do leaflet drops. Not to sure on door knocking as im not very confident.

I have 28 customers lost a few recently who dont want them cleaned for a few months.

Is door knocking the way to go? What days/times are best?

Most of my customers have been from word of mouth and leaflets. picked up 1 from my website and 1 from internet directory.

There are a lot of houses is my area with awkard windows so I have been slowly building a pole system for that but all customers i have spoke to want windows done trad not with pure water.

i would love to earn full time money like some of you guys.

any advice please.

I'm exactly the same mate, no confidence but I've got to get out and knock so my advice is get out there. As for the awkward windows just do those wfp if it'll get you the work.

I'm exactly the same mate, no confidence but I've got to get out and knock so my advice is get out there. As for the awkward windows just do those wfp if it'll get you the work.
Did you ever get round to door knocking? lol

Yeah mate you need to get out there and canvas. I would recommend, between the hours of 6pm and 8pm, during the week. A for customers not wanting awkward windows done with a WFP. Don't ask them, tell them they have to be done that way for safety reasons. Quote the working at heights regulations, and get a little fact sheet made up about WFP's to educate them a little on how it works.

Yeah mate you need to get out there and canvas. I would recommend, between the hours of 6pm and 8pm, during the week. A for customers not wanting awkward windows done with a WFP. Don't ask them, tell them they have to be done that way for safety reasons. Quote the working at heights regulations, and get a little fact sheet made up about WFP's to educate them a little on how it works.

Good advice

Where are you from Ian ?

No offense intended here pal just advice that might help, when you canvas & work, don't do it wearing tracky bottoms and with your collar up. Just my opinion, but the smarter you look the better you'll do when it comes to picking up work.

Before I set my business up 3 years ago, I was in sales and marketing for many years. Yet I have not gone out and knocked doors for window cleaning. I have just paid a canvassing company 6k for 3k worth of monthly work.

Door knocking isn't for me, but I'm not paying anymore money for canvassing, so going to have to give it a try.

Going to try my hand in canvassing this Saturday to see how I get on... will let you know how I did!

Before I set my business up 3 years ago, I was in sales and marketing for many years. Yet I have not gone out and knocked doors for window cleaning. I have just paid a canvassing company 6k for 3k worth of monthly work.

Door knocking isn't for me, but I'm not paying anymore money for canvassing, so going to have to give it a try.

Going to try my hand in canvassing this Saturday to see how I get on... will let you know how I did!
just a quick question, if you paid 6k for 3k of work why do you now need to go and canvass?

I would rather buy work the canvass now. Ill canvas on new estates thats about it, or make knock a door or two on my travels If I see someone moving in etc. My works is badly spread out due canvassing in the past. Its okay for short term but in the long run you need compact work unless you have hoses price right.

Its based on turn over. 20% of all sales goes to the vat man once you breach i think 74k as of next year. You can get some releif for small business but you cant claim vat back on expenses if you go down that road.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I know, but I have another business called Bubbles carpet cleaners, so will change it to bubbles windows cleaners Leeds and let my accountant sort it out. I will pay the wife a wage too. She does all my paper work. Most of my work is domestic, with 20% commercial. I prefer domestic work to be honest. Work 5 days each week, or even 4 if I can.

I know, but I have another business called Bubbles carpet cleaners, so will change it to bubbles windows cleaners Leeds and let my accountant sort it out. I will pay the wife a wage too. She does all my paper work. Most of my work is domestic, with 20% commercial. I prefer domestic work to be honest. Work 5 days each week, or even 4 if I can.
Damm that must he hard going. Well if your trad. I plan on 3 and a half days work. If I get more work Ill get an employee. I offer alot of other services. So Im allays getting work from that. Even now working 3 days I struggle to fit other work in. One days rain and it screw everything up lol

Damm that must he hard going. Well if your trad. I plan on 3 and a half days work. If I get more work Ill get an employee. I offer alot of other services. So Im allays getting work from that. Even now working 3 days I struggle to fit other work in. One days rain and it screw everything up lol
All my work is wfp, unless I'm on the schools then trad on the insides :)

Back