My 4021 RO

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by baconlover1, Mar 3, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. baconlover1

baconlover1 Newcomer

Hi I have just got round to fitting my 4021 ro system and just want to check im getting the right reading.
    I have got a reading of 014ppm out of the pure outlet im running at 50psi with a 60/40 waste to pure I think.
    it takes me about 1 minute to fill a litre jug but I started running the ro this evening and its pretty cold not to sure if that makes a different to production so I am wondering if I can get that reading down closer to 000ppm
    any thoughts would be great.

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

My ro gives me a reading of o12 out of my pure hose from my tap which is 276

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

try turning the waste ratio up a bit to see if the ppm lowers.

4. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

It will take some time for the membrane to settle. Manufacturers guideline is flush for 24 hours which is a lot of water to waste so I normally recommend that flush for 2 hours then run your r/o and over time the ppm will drop.

At 50 psi I would have expected a flow rate of around 1.2l a min so your water flow from the tap may be a bit poor. Normally you can get 12/15 litres in a minute from your tap. Try measuring that and see what you get.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

For a new ro the ppm out of 12 seems rather high to me doug atkinson don't you think?

6. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

The Pressure dictates the ppm Smurf, sounds about right but will come down a little more after it has embedded. If pressure was at 80 psi and flow rate was perfect then would come down more

Advertisement