Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What pole to buy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steve Essex

First post though i have read and followed the site on and off for some time, so don't bite my head of at this one ;-)

I know it's been discussed many times before but obviously always different opinions amd poles to market.

On a bit of a budget and need a new pole. Currently using a 2 man set up my brother has the CLX 27 and i am using the #### Brodex Hydra **** thing meant to be 36ft i assume that's with the user's reach and possibly standing on a large box as well.

Been looking about after receiving an email from Brodex on the Summit range, it does look better but weighs almost the same and would like to avoid their products on previous experience.

So considering another CLX 27 with the additional section hoping this would be long enough then. Or i have also seen the the Phoenix 35 Pro, not sure on there poles though??

Any other options about is the same sort of price range?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice, Steve.

if you are on a budget you cant go wrong with a phoenix or a clx poles I have seen facelift have brought a new pole that looks good and aquadapter (ex-ceed) have aslo brought out a budget range

If budget is crucial I would go with a CLX. However, for a bit more you'll be much better off with the SLX. I know it's more expensive but once you're using it you'll be thrilled you spent the extra. I've been wfp'ing for over ten years & made all the mistakes trying to save a few quid before!! A pole is where you NEED to spend the money, it's the one thing that will affect your working day more than anything else so let that affect be a positive one. The extra money will pay you back ten times over./emoticons/wink.png The other good thing about the gardiner range is all the accessories like the Quick-Loq range of quick release fittings etc that go with them.

Thanks for the responses so far, i will look at the other poles mentioned or otherwise it might the clx with an extra section then. The current CLX 27 we have seems ok and to be honest 80-90% of our work it only 1st and 2nd floor, just the odd jobs that need that bit of extra reach.

And yep to a bit of a budget at the minute vans just been repaired ££££'s ouch and the S####y Brodex scaffold tube i have need a new hose and clamps and just is not worth spending the money on. I bought it when they were knocking them out for just over £100 for the 36ft which evidently seems to include my own reach and then some.

Yep good point i know it's a case of getting what you pay for. And i don't want to be regretting getting one down the line, may stay with the turd stick for a few more weeks then get a decent one.

SLX is much better!

Worth waiting a few weeks if thats what you could manage.

I think clx18 is great for everyday knocking about.

Although ive not tried it, it would be a bit flippy at 30' i imagine.

i read the posts on here a lot and although i know nothing as he used to say....slx is ... better than clx ....suppose its something to do with the alphabet but what happened to all the letters in between...but if you want big muscles....and are on a budget...get a banana....read the fookin posts.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Haha yeah pole shaped object sums it up, a workout at work it seems. And yep tried a few searches but couldn't seem to find a particular post to compare up to date. They certainly skipped a few letter, perhaps that's how big a difference between the two models.

Back