Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

petehughesy

sorry if this sounds really dumb, been using water fed for a while, living at my perants ive been using a standard di with resin, water at the tap is 90ppm, ive just recently moved house and my new place the water is 200ppm.

what id like to know is, how much quicker is my resin goong to run out? currently my resin does me 6 months, what can i expect now?

also is it worth now buying a RO system, or wont it make much difference?

im completely clueless with the water readings, i take it 200 is high?? i take it it is, i think ive been spoilt living at home :)

Just buy another DI vessel (bigger the better) to create a twin DI setup then when the ppm creeps up replace the first vessel's resin & swap their positions. Then you'll probably only be changing resin every 4-5 months instead.

200 ppm is ro territory m8 u will hammer ur resin ide say 90 ppm tops b 4 u need ro, dubble di is the way to go tho if u wana stick to di only ur resin last so mch longer

Be much cheaper to go ro.

200ppm is probably about middle of the road, can get to over 400ppm in some parts of the country and as low as 20ppm in other parts.

My tap water is just shy of 300ppm & I have a twin DI set-up.

If I fill my 175L tank everyday I am lucky to get about 8-9 weeks out of a 25L bag before having to renew.

Thanks for the reply guys, I think I'm going to do the twin di option and give it ago, what size di vessel shall I get for my second one? I've got a 25ltr one currently, do I need two the same size?

Back