My First £18 Customer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Donny, Jan 31, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

So ive been keeping my pricing simple, small hoose £10 big hoose £15, so today is a cracking day so im out canvasing and doing some new custies who signed on recently, this woman shouts me over, " how much for my house every 6 weeks Donny" i say £15, she says " oh " i go is that too much" she goes" oh no not at all, that charity lot charge me £23" so i say well im happy with 15 she says " call it £18 Donny" HAPPY DAYS all i need noo is another 100 like her lol
    lots of windows round back an aw andthat akward wee panes, first clean took 30 minutes but i was very fussy
    olly brae 002 (Copy).JPG

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Looks like you got a good custy there donny nice to be valued

3. harunh

harunh Legend

Good stuff that mate looks like a good job aswell

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Undercutting a fellow windy tut,tut :D

That one I would have quoted about £25 to be honest as those windows are a pain in the **** to get spot and drip free :rolleyes:

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Under cutting? I dunno about that mate. I'd have got her to sack the other lot first.

6. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

its only undercutting if you know the price they pay already and you do it cheaper than you normally would in order to take it off the previous cleaner. just because your cheaper doesnt mean your out to undercut

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'm not suggesting Donny is out to undercut in an under handed way. What I'm trying to say is be careful especially as he's just starting out. I only take on work if windy hasn't shown up in a while or the last one has already been sacked. He don't want trouble at his door does he and this other lot could see him as a potential threat to their livelyhood. @Donny I'm not having a pop at you kid, just giving my advice.

8. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

The reason i got into wfp up here is because the only people up here doing it were a charity ( one of these set up to give the people setting em up a full time job) who give people with drug and alcohol addiction " work" . Loads of my bin customers asked me if id do there windows as well. Anyway this so called "charity" recently branched into powerwashing and gutter cleaning, they dont have to pay the scrotes working for them wages so were undercutting me so ihave no worries on taking custies off them,also the custies i have had so far complained too me about there work and there attitude as lots were sent by the courts to do there community service, anyway there is only one other window cleaner on the island who is a trad fella and i wont be taking any of his custies as he is cheaper than me and has a loyal client base , he retires soon and ive told him i'll buy his custies if they will go wfp then,{ i went too see him before i started up) fully understand were your coming from Tuffers and thanks for the advice , i havent actively gone for there customers but if they come to me im gonna tell em my price s and let them decidewhether to use me or the alkies lol

9. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

This is a new one.
    I fully understand where your coming from here as at the end of the day customers want a good job done and I think your safe takin there work here.just maybe go a bit higher as that house is at least £25 but I live down south.good luck mate

10. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

i know its a big house with akward windows but i also do her gutters and bins so seems only fair to do her a deal :D

Advertisement