Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nano trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jag

Hi guys, has been a long time since i have had input on the forum, but am looking for some help , have spent a long time reading threads to try find a answer to my problem but have not succeeded.
I purchased this trolley in 2019 , and from the word go was never happy with the water flow, never seamed as good as the Gardiner backpack that I would use on about 40% flow.
But was assured by the manufacturer that it was tested and was fine.
Symptoms: pump runs loud and shakes a lot and water flow inconsistent and pulsating, needs to be on around 35 to get a decent flow.
When I have read about pump problems it always says air getting in or a blocked filter and pure freedom advised that air was the problem.
What have I done to rule out issues

Have changed the inlet hose from the barrel to pump and filter , new pump with new fittings , battery voltage is 13.2 after it has settled from a charge. Auto cal set it's self at 65 , I use 25m of 5mm hose.
The last pump shock itself free from the mounting points and fell on the battery.
Thanks

I would say having your flow set so low is causing the pulsing. I run mine between 40 and 60 but that's from a tank. Running at 20 means the pump is pulsing at 20% of full speed.
Have you tried running the pump on 100 and returning the water to barrel to see if there is air in it? Sometimes this can clear an air lock. Also you don't run the barrel dry do you as that will allow the pump to suck in air!!! Are all joints before the pump tight and ptfe on screw threads? Never assume they are tight double check.

I would say having your flow set so low is causing the pulsing. I run mine between 40 and 60 but that's from a tank. Running at 20 means the pump is pulsing at 20% of full speed.
Have you tried running the pump on 100 and returning the water to barrel to see if there is air in it? Sometimes this can clear an air lock. Also you don't run the barrel dry do you as that will allow the pump to suck in air!!! Are all joints before the pump tight and ptfe on screw threads? Never assume they are tight double check.
so this afternoon , have re applied PTFE , on the pump push fit and there is a improvement, there was possible not enough tape put on first time round. And will increase the flow , thank you for your advice

This sounds like an air leak , we have a couple of nano trolleys for chemical application and flow rate is way higher than Gardiners back pack on 50 setting ,never experienced what you are getting. But if run dry it is a nightmare to get the air lock out usually have to put the garden hose on the end of the pickup pipe to get it drawing again . As has been said try running it flat out back into the barrel and see if it’s air rated then gradually decrease the flow until you get what you want and see if that helps if it’s still the same then re check your connections . Ours sounds the same as yours in the first video but we wouldn’t use such a low flow rate the reason it’s cycling like that is the pump is trying to pump more water than you are using so it’s cutting in and out that’s quite normal , if you up the flow that will decrease . As for the second video the reason it’s like that is due to the first explanation also , I personally feel that flow rate is way to slow for window cleaning , you will be there forever trying to rinse , I would turn it up a bit , I think you will find your speed if cleaning will increase no end .

Last edited:
This sounds like an air leak , we have a couple of nano trolleys for chemical application and flow rate is way higher than Gardiners back pack on 50 setting ,never experienced what you are getting. But if run dry it is a nightmare to get the air lock out usually have to put the garden hose on the end of the pickup pipe to get it drawing again . As has been said try running it flat out back into the barrel and see if it’s air rated then gradually decrease the flow until you get what you want and see if that helps if it’s still the same then re check your connections . Ours sounds the same as yours in the first video but we wouldn’t use such a low flow rate the reason it’s cycling like that is the pump is trying to pump more water than you are using so it’s cutting in and out that’s quite normal , if you up the flow that will decrease . As for the second video the reason it’s like that is due to the first explanation also , I personally feel that flow rate is way to slow for window cleaning , you will be there forever trying to rinse , I would turn it up a bit , I think you will find your speed if cleaning will increase no end .
Hi, that would make sense that the pump is cycling on and off because the flow is to low! , Well at least that is how they sound , not seeing another window cleaner use one i have not been able to compare.
Will up the flow this week and see how I get on.
Thanks for your advice

Latest Posts

Back