Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Freedom Nano or Xline trolley?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duggan

Hi all,

I'm about to order one of the above trolleys.

They seem pretty similar on spec, the Xline has a bigger battery. Also looks like it might stay looking decent for longer with the anodised finish.

Nano looks smaller, which is quite important so me, space is at a premium on the van.

Anyone owned both and would recommend one over the other?

Also they both have the option of a remote - is that worth getting? I'll be using a uni- valve to start and stop the flow anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

That’s the exact question I want answering too! I can’t seem to find many differences between the nano and the original though apart from the price of about £100

There a nightmare, pulling about, trying to get in the van etc. What you going for this kind of thing for ?. If its space I have a 150 litre tank I could give you. Just pay the postage you can have it for free if you think it would be any use to you.its sitting in my storage box doing nothing. The trolleys don't hold a great amount either. If it's to do loose ones which are awkward dragging the hose round then a backpack is an easier option.

Here's the tank. It's around 11 months old so it's pretty much how it looks still.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230331_114532_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230331_114532_Gallery.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 0
I have the compact 425 one man from window cleaning warehouse. That’s great for me but my wife was going to also do a couple of days with me as the workload got a lot bigger so I need another system/set up. The trolleys seem a good idea. I didn’t think the backpack would be a good idea for all day use.

Unfortunately I don’t have room in my kangoo maxi for anything major but a very kind offer yogi.

Cheers
Jay

Hi all,

They seem pretty similar on spec, the Xline has a bigger battery. Also looks like it might stay looking decent for longer with the anodised finish.

Nano looks smaller, which is quite important so me, space is at a premium on the van.

Also they both have the option of a remote - is that worth getting? I'll be using a uni- valve to start and stop the flow anyway.

I've got the nano and had it for 4 years. Can't fault it. Cannot accurately comment on the Xline as haven't used it, but looking at the picture and spec I'd go for the nano. The Xline is 5kg heavier which you will notice pulling it in and out the van all day. The Xline also has a big lip on the front, this will be a pain when changing barrels over, you don't need a lip that big and you will find lifting the barrel an extra couple of inches will mean more effort, not much but it's unnecessary effort, and don't forget a barrel is 25kg, so it's lifting a 25kg weight an extra couple of inches throughout the day, day after day. Little things like that a more important than the anodized finish and how pretty it looks.

I've got the nano and had it for 4 years. Can't fault it. Cannot accurately comment on the Xline as haven't used it, but looking at the picture and spec I'd go for the nano. The Xline is 5kg heavier which you will notice pulling it in and out the van all day. The Xline also has a big lip on the front, this will be a pain when changing barrels over, you don't need a lip that big and you will find lifting the barrel an extra couple of inches will mean more effort, not much but it's unnecessary effort, and don't forget a barrel is 25kg, so it's lifting a 25kg weight an extra couple of inches throughout the day, day after day. Little things like that a more important than the anodized finish and how pretty it looks.
Do you have any more details on the nano?
Roughly what width is it? I couldn’t find dimensions. Also, will the battery last all day? I was going to try and find a way to do some split charge type thing. I have a split charge going from van battery to compact 425 battery and was wondering if I could then go from there to the trolley. ?. I really didn’t want to be running cables at night or taking it out and into the shed etc to charge

Thanks for your help.
Jay

Just watched the video on the Xline, I think the actual lip is probably the same as the nano, the height of the actual base looks higher though, so I think it is a bit higher. Also I notice the handle is angled. From experience if you want to turn the trolley around 180 degrees, say going down a tight passage next to a house, or when next to a car on the driveway with not much room, well the nano's handle is vertical, so it would be easier to manoeuvre around things compared to the Xline. Obviously you can forward plan and make sure you're not in a position to manoeuvre 180 degrees on a tight spot, but it just means it's more to think about.

Roughly what width is it? I couldn’t find dimensions. Also, will the battery last all day? I was going to try and find a way to do some split charge type thing. I have a split charge going from van battery to compact 425 battery and was wondering if I could then go from there to the trolley. ?. I really didn’t want to be running cables at night or taking it out and into the shed etc to charge

Thanks for your help.
Jay
Not sure on the width, mines in the garage now so I'll measure it later / tomorrow.

Never had an issue with the battery and I run it flat out at 100 percent all the time. Easily last a full day. I put it on charge each night but I have a feeling it would last several days, although I really don't know. Put it this way, it's such a non issue that it's only yourself asking the question that has prompted me to think about it ? no range anxiety with the nano for me :ROFLMAO:

Charging it each night is best though. For me it's easy, I park the van in the garage and it's got plenty of space for putting the trolley on charge in there.

Hi all,

No experience with the x line but have 3 nano trollys I would thoroughly recommend them , they are very lite , narrow and will fit down the narrowest alleys , battery life is amazing , good build quality.

Thanks for your help.
Jay
The battery is lithium and needs a special charger supplied by pf when you buy it , it’s easy to just take the trolly with you and charge it indoors , it will easily run for a full days work probably do at least 2 days work

Not sure on the width, mines in the garage now so I'll measure it later / tomorrow.

Never had an issue with the battery and I run it flat out at 100 percent all the time. Easily last a full day. I put it on charge each night but I have a feeling it would last several days, although I really don't know. Put it this way, it's such a non issue that it's only yourself asking the question that has prompted me to think about it ? no range anxiety with the nano for me :ROFLMAO:

Charging it each night is best though. For me it's easy, I park the van in the garage and it's got plenty of space for putting the trolley on charge in there.
Haha that sounds great. I would really appreciate any measurements. It sounds like you’re quite happy with the nano so I think you’ve just convinced me to go ahead and buy one when I’ve made a on shilling or two.

Think the Nano battery is what is used on golf carts. Lasts all day with continuous use. I would go for the Nano with remote option out of the two.

£745 for a nano without a remote and £897 with a remote and one 25l container, I'd be looking at the possibility of making your 425L compact van mount into a 2-man system Pentair Shurflo Pump and Digital Pump Controllers supply a controller and pump on a board plus all the other bits you'd need will cost less than a trolley then on the days your wife is helping you, just pop home and top up as needed it would be lot less hassle once you got a 2 man set up

Also if things don't go so well with your wife working you have all the components available to you as spares in the future

Luckily my wife and I are best friends and get on great but I know a lot of couples would go white at the thought of working with their other half’s. Haha. Unfortunately though I have limited space available as my van is a kangoo maxi and the 425 is pretty big. I was weighing up the options but I think the versatility may just have it on the trolley.. I have a 10% off code as well which would bring it down to roughly £650. However I didn’t put much thought into the remote. What is the remote for? Flow? Do you actually need one. What’s the benefits of that would you say?

Cheers
Jay

£745 for a nano without a remote and £897 with a remote and one 25l container, I'd be looking at the possibility of making your 425L compact van mount into a 2-man system Pentair Shurflo Pump and Digital Pump Controllers supply a controller and pump on a board plus all the other bits you'd need will cost less than a trolley then on the days your wife is helping you, just pop home and top up as needed it would be lot less hassle once you got a 2 man set up

Also if things don't go so well with your wife working you have all the components available to you as spares in the future
Didn't realise they are charging that now... Wouldn't buy one for that price.

Luckily my wife and I are best friends and get on great but I know a lot of couples would go white at the thought of working with their other half’s. Haha. Unfortunately though I have limited space available as my van is a kangoo maxi and the 425 is pretty big. I was weighing up the options but I think the versatility may just have it on the trolley.. I have a 10% off code as well which would bring it down to roughly £650. However I didn’t put much thought into the remote. What is the remote for? Flow? Do you actually need one. What’s the benefits of that would you say?

Cheers
Jay
A second hose reel isn't going to take up as much space as a trolley and however many containers you need to carry unless you are planning on filling a single container directly from your tank which is just going to see you lose quite a bit of time throughout the day and you'd probably just faster on your own.

Didn't realise they are charging that now... Wouldn't buy one for that price.
Pretty expensive for the remote controller as a package, thought I'd have a look as I wasn't sure what the price of the trolley was these days quite an expensive bit of kit all in.

This is going to come down to what she looks like, buisness could be booming shortly for him if she's tidy. The old guys thinking they've still got it trying to crack some jokes with her. He should maybe post some pics of her so we can roughly give him an idea of how busy he's likely to be.

However I didn’t put much thought into the remote. What is the remote for? Flow? Do you actually need one. What’s the benefits of that would you say?
Quite often people cleaning windows with a trolley are working from a limited water supply so being able to switch the flow off and on remotely saves water.

Do you use univalves? If you do then I would say a remote isn't as important. If you don't then a remote is handy as you can stop the flow between windows to save a little water. At the price they are charging I would spend the money on univalves as then you can save water on each pole.

If it's just for occasional use I would get a gardiner backpack and a Handy sac truck.
I believe the nano trolleys have a lithium ion battery - so light weight and easy to take the pack off to recharge.

Latest Posts

Back