Nasty Customer Or Plain Thick Or Both?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Oct 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've just got round all of my customers for the first time using the wfp. Last week I cleaned one of my houses and the woman said she weren't happy with the clean last time. She said she had to go round cleaning all the streaks etc after I had gone. I said that this clean would be a lot better as last time I had to clean all the frames etc. I said that if she wasn't happy she could have them done for free this time and I'd go back to trad in the future. Anyway, I went back tonight for my money and there was a note stuck to the door. It said "As you were aware I was not happy at the state you had left my windows in last month. I paid you to clean my windows, so it was unaceptable that I had to re-clean all the stains you had left on them. Regardless of any new machinery you had used that had caused it, I had paid to have clean windows. I therefore no longer require your services any longer."

I can't get over it, I offered a free clean etc.

Now does she not realise the windows should be left wet (I can't remember telling her this but did drop a note explaining the wfp system) or is she being a *****? I've cleaned for her for a couple of years.

I'm starting to lose the will with some of my customers and soon one of them is going to get the end of my tongue!

Advertisement
  2. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're better off without her, I hate shirty customers..

3. chip

chip Guru

Some folk just don't like it mate. End of. Can't do anything about it. Some will forever hold it against you that you went wfp in te first place, as your custy. Some will nag you o go back trad, etc etc. some complaints are justified, some ludicrous.

4. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

It's an interesting topic this, I started out trad and over the past 6 weeks started wfp granted only trolly but have had mixed responses too. Problem is change, most older people don't like it for one and don't understand!! For some I wfp upper then sqeg top the with a pole, it's dry there happy! Some is still quicker trad. I've even pick up work now wfp. End of the day you keep some happy some of the time but you'll never keep them all happy you got to just take it on the chin and keep lucky!! GF

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

so what, move on and replace, some custy dont like the fact that you have made the job easier, and want you to earn your money, not splash and dash, as they see it, how big was the job and what was charge

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The lady in question is probably not thick or nasty but just telling you she no longer requires your services. Simples....
    Best to just get over it and move on.... ;)

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

£12, 20 minutes to do it. I feel like knocking the door to explain that the windows should be left wet (if that's the reason). But if she gets the other fella who does the estate, then he does them wfp too. Now that would be funny. BTW the windows are clean this time as I checked when I went back for my money.

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

they prob cant afford it and look for reasons to dump, just replace and smile and wave at them when you see them,

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yeah I use a trolley too. The ones who don't like it are the old ones. One asked me to back to trad as she didn't like the windows left wet. No problem as it's a bungalow, but when she was talking to me she also asked the gardner to do some quieter work as she was trying to do the crossword. Some people! pmpl

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Think in the end you will make a rod for your own back if you don't go fully wfp....

Advertisement