Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need a DI system on a budget

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Korey

Or

Can someone please explain to me the difference between these two?

I've only got £1000 budget and need a DI water system badly (minimum 400 litres)

One has a frame so you can bolt it into a van the other doesn't!
While you might have a limited budget there are corners you really shouldn't cut. With a 400 litre tank full of pure you are looking at about 425kg. In the event of a 30mph accident that 'weight' can increase by thirty, yes 30 times!!!! So a couple of thin ratchet straps using the tie down loops in the back of a van won't cut it and the tank could crush anyone in the front of the van! OK so head on at 30mph is rare but it does happen!
You really need a decent tank frame that is bolted through the chassis (not just floor) with spreader plate to distribute the load across more of the underside of the van.

If you look at the first system you linked to it's basically a Wydale tank, a 'budget' frame, a pump and controller, a reel and hose (get 6mm), and a DI vessel. So there is no leisure battery, split charge relay or cabling.

If you look carefully you can see exactly what components they are using. Now you can shop round for the same parts as they are fairly standard. If you want to check you have compatible parts just post and I am sure someone will check things for you as best as they can.

Latest Posts

Back