Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need an alternative to the Squeegee App

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You need to educate your clients to check their spam folder ? but in all seriousness I have clients who told me they never get emails from GoCardless about upcoming payments I asked if they checked their spam folder and they gave me a look of bewilderment and said I never check my spam folder, Outlook mail spams emails from people I have in my contacts and companies I use on a regular basis so I check mine 2-3 times a day.  
My concern was people who had previously received emails through Squeegee suddenly didn't. They don't just suddenly land in spam unless the customer continually deletes them without opening them or specifically marks them as spam.

The Squeegee guys got in touch and generated me a report of failed emails to help. Unfortunately they couldn't dig into which emails have actually landed in peoples spam folders but I can't fault the service.

Yesterday morning I got a bunch of emails telling me about text message failures. In all honesty its not ideal that the texts failed again but the fact that I got the email helped me, if it wasn't for the emails I would have just turned up unannounced to all of my customers. It's the first time since I last had the issue that I haven't checked the texts manually since they last failed too.

Hang on a minute, I am also paying 0.5% per transaction I think, which is no problem. But if i'm right in understanding the new pricing posted the fee would be a minimum of 20p, plus the stripe of GC fees? This would make using Stripe more expensive than using PayPal. 59p gone from £10 soon adds up ?

Hang on a minute, I am also paying 0.5% per transaction I think, which is no problem. But if i'm right in understanding the new pricing posted the fee would be a minimum of 20p, plus the stripe of GC fees? This would make using Stripe more expensive than using PayPal. 59p gone from £10 soon adds up ?

No the min of 20p is the pricing published on GC site, 0.5% for premium on squeegee so 5p for squeegee

And either 20p for GC which is their published price, or some people are saying they have flat 1% which is 10p

Al together this would either then be 25p or 15p, we can't check your GC fees so can only go off the published fees! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
No the min of 20p is the pricing published on GC site, 0.5% for premium on squeegee so 5p for squeegee
Bargain guys, more than happy to pay a few pence processing fee. Can I ask, on some of my customers it automatically pops up and says the customer will be charged via DD on others I have to record a payment. Is this feature going to be across the board soon?

My concern was people who had previously received emails through Squeegee suddenly didn't. They don't just suddenly land in spam unless the customer continually deletes them without opening them or specifically marks them as spam.

The Squeegee guys got in touch and generated me a report of failed emails to help. Unfortunately they couldn't dig into which emails have actually landed in peoples spam folders but I can't fault the service.

Yesterday morning I got a bunch of emails telling me about text message failures. In all honesty its not ideal that the texts failed again but the fact that I got the email helped me, if it wasn't for the emails I would have just turned up unannounced to all of my customers. It's the first time since I last had the issue that I haven't checked the texts manually since they last failed too.
It's all fine and dandy getting emails to tell you about the failures but if some clients leave the house for an early shift like before 6-7am and gates can't be unlocked then it's lost income, Now I will point out one potential cause in that if 100's of texts are been sent by multiple people collectively through a server at the same time then this could cause an issue with CP you can set the time for reminders to go out and a suggested recommended time was 7pm I had clients getting texts at 11.30pm so I altered my time and clients were getting them in minutes not hours later. This is the stuff both texts and emails for reminders and invoices that should be working without issue there has only been a few times in the last 3 years or so of using CP that a client has told me he never got a text but it wasn't an issue and no lost income,

I couldn't even find out how to set texts up for those that needed reminders there is supposed to be a default setting so that everyone gets texts but it was banging my head against a brick wall I attempted to set up reminders for some jobs on one day and canceled the reminder as it was clear what action to take and jobs ended up been rescheduled for 4 weeks ahead.  :banghead3: if multiple people come on here in 6 months time and say it works like a charm then I will take another look. 

Bargain guys, more than happy to pay a few pence processing fee. Can I ask, on some of my customers it automatically pops up and says the customer will be charged via DD on others I have to record a payment. Is this feature going to be across the board soon?

That depends on how you have set up your customers, if they have dd set as default payment then it's automatic. We can update all of your dd customers to be automatic for you if you'd like?

If they're all set up this way, the other time that it's not automatic is if they owe from previous appointments as a precaution for you to check the amount before charging the customer more than usual. 

Hope that helps! 

That depends on how you have set up your customers, if they have dd set as default payment then it's automatic. We can update all of your dd customers to be automatic for you if you'd like?

If they're all set up this way, the other time that it's not automatic is if they owe from previous appointments as a precaution for you to check the amount before charging the customer more than usual. 

Hope that helps! 
I'll have a look. Would be worth doing it myself so I know what i'm doing to be honest.

It's all fine and dandy getting emails to tell you about the failures but if some clients leave the house for an early shift like before 6-7am and gates can't be unlocked then it's lost income, Now I will point out one potential cause in that if 100's of texts are been sent by multiple people collectively through a server at the same time then this could cause an issue with CP you can set the time for reminders to go out and a suggested recommended time was 7pm I had clients getting texts at 11.30pm so I altered my time and clients were getting them in minutes not hours later. This is the stuff both texts and emails for reminders and invoices that should be working without issue there has only been a few times in the last 3 years or so of using CP that a client has told me he never got a text but it wasn't an issue and no lost income,

I couldn't even find out how to set texts up for those that needed reminders there is supposed to be a default setting so that everyone gets texts but it was banging my head against a brick wall I attempted to set up reminders for some jobs on one day and canceled the reminder as it was clear what action to take and jobs ended up been rescheduled for 4 weeks ahead.  :banghead3: if multiple people come on here in 6 months time and say it works like a charm then I will take another look. 

Happy to walk you through this, like we said in emails, moving your whole business to a different piece of software takes a bit of time. 

Rescheduling appointments is a completely different function of course, and again, very happy to walk you through all of this. All you need to do is ask, that's what we're here for! ?

It's really easy to send the texts but not automated you have to click and send SMS reminders. Its all a learning curve for me, I vaguely tried CP but never got on with it although I will admit I didn't try hard enough really. I'm not gonna lie some words that I wouldn't repeat in front of my mother were said in the van yesterday morning when I got the emails. I had one of my busiest days, no time for a lunch break and basically chasing the sun down from 8am so I didn't really have the 10 mins to text all of my customers manually but I managed to dodge a bullet and I will continue to check all texts manually. Its easy for me though because the most I normally have in a day is 10-15, I can imagine having the amount some of the more established lads have would be a massive issue.

Happy to walk you through this, like we said in emails, moving your whole business to a different piece of software takes a bit of time. 

Rescheduling appointments is a completely different function of course, and again, very happy to walk you through all of this. All you need to do is ask, that's what we're here for! ?
Thank you, but as said previously I prefer for things to work straight out the box more so when I would be paying around £25,00 a month inc GC fees, I feel that it's been built by developers that maybe they haven't considered the not so bright people like me were things should be glaringly obvious to set up and amend and with in excess of 360 clients to manage and need uncomplicated simplicity.  

It's really easy to send the texts but not automated you have to click and send SMS reminders. Its all a learning curve for me, I vaguely tried CP but never got on with it although I will admit I didn't try hard enough really. I'm not gonna lie some words that I wouldn't repeat in front of my mother were said in the van yesterday morning when I got the emails. I had one of my busiest days, no time for a lunch break and basically chasing the sun down from 8am so I didn't really have the 10 mins to text all of my customers manually but I managed to dodge a bullet and I will continue to check all texts manually. Its easy for me though because the most I normally have in a day is 10-15, I can imagine having the amount some of the more established lads have would be a massive issue.

We've had a number of requests over the last few weeks for making automated reminder messages as it's a feature that is found in products like textlocal, so we're working on adding that to Squeegee in the near future. 

The reason it's more complicated for us to build this than other pieces of software is that we also allow you to send messages using your mobile text allowance on ios and android which cannot be automated ?

We've had a number of requests over the last few weeks for making automated reminder messages as it's a feature that is found in products like textlocal, so we're working on adding that to Squeegee in the near future. 

The reason it's more complicated for us to build this than other pieces of software is that we also allow you to send messages using your mobile text allowance on ios and android which cannot be automated ?
No, but it takes 3 clicks to text the whole job list for tomorrow through Squeegee using my android text service.

I think for some maybe CP is like a spreadsheet in the parts and maybe appears outdated and less appealing to some but it's stupidly simple to do all the tasks within CP, take drag and drop for example dated maybe but very easily done to rejig individual jobs across a week if needed.

It's a bit like a Chromebook it takes 4-6 keys to copy and paste something and I ain't managed it yet, copy and paste is simple on windows so why make something harder than it needs to be just to be different I sacked off the Chromebook and stuck with with my old laptop [emoji16]

County Durham Lad

I think for some maybe CP is like a spreadsheet in the parts and maybe appears outdated and less appealing to some but it's stupidly simple to do all the tasks within CP, take drag and drop for example dated maybe but very easily done to rejig individual jobs across a week if needed.

It's a bit like a Chromebook it takes 4-6 keys to copy and paste something and I ain't managed it yet, copy and paste is simple on windows so why make something harder than it needs to be just to be different I sacked off the Chromebook and stuck with with my old laptop
emoji16.png

County Durham Lad

I didn't like the whole chromebook thing. The best bit was the loading speeds. I moved to a MacBook Air in 2015 and its as fast today as it was the day I bought it. Prior to that I was basically spending £350 a year on a good laptop. I would highly recommend making the change, although there are a couple of differences to get used to.

I didn't like the whole chromebook thing. The best bit was the loading speeds. I moved to a MacBook Air in 2015 and its as fast today as it was the day I bought it. Prior to that I was basically spending £350 a year on a good laptop. I would highly recommend making the change, although there are a couple of differences to get used to.
Issues with other platforms is Microsoft Office doesn't fully work and my wife needs to amend documents using office.

County Durham Lad

I just moved all my texts over to IOS and all the emails over to my own SMTP settings. Made a text booking using the wife's details. All worked fine although she told me to feck off tryna bill her a tenner when I ain't cleaned the windows in 6 weeks ?

I just moved all my texts over to IOS and all the emails over to my own SMTP settings. Made a text booking using the wife's details. All worked fine although she told me to feck off tryna bill her a tenner when I ain't cleaned the windows in 6 weeks ?

We recommend only billing the wife in exceptional circumstances ?

This is very true, Pages and Numbers are free though and you can save the document in Office format. Not ideal for bulk working though.
She works for the County Council and they use office as do other councils and as she is job hunting at the moment as well editing an entire document in office  means she can do what's needed and send the multiple paged document as one complete attachment, not each page individually as with other operating systems which also have missing data we found. 

Back